or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 Fo-shizzle, Nii. Is that your AMG?
We're preparing a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner today because that's when we could gather all of my in-laws, who are coming down from Wisconsin and the far northwest suburbs of Chicago. On Thursday, my wife and I went to a hotel restaurant - I did do the turkey thing but she had a very nicely-done pork chop.
This place deserved a Michelin star - more than Longman & Eagle.
Widespread Panic - maybe the 15th best band to come out of Athens, Georgia but revered by its fans as perhaps the best band ever; Pink Floyd - After Syd Barrett's departure, the band became a vehicle for broadcasting Roger Waters' boring neuroses (while "Dark Side of the Moon" was great, most of their other output is sheer tripe); Ray LaMontagne - why this guy is popular is a mystery; Phish - See Widespread Panic above; Dave Matthews Band - The only thing that he's...
Following on the holiday theme, we're planning another holiday hotel lobby bar crawl for Saturday, December 18th - probably starting at the Palmer House in the afternoon and ending at the Ritz-Carlton or the Drake (whenever). So far, "Burton", "Francisco d'Anconia", "ykurtz", "Xiaogou", "Globetrotter" and some other local SF'ers have expressed interest. PM me if you'd like to join us. I post an itinerary in the next week or so. If its anything like last year's event,...
Great fit, Alan.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin For you Furriners, that is a boneless Turkey, stuffed with a boneless Duck, with a boneless chicken inside....then stuffed with a Cajun Sausage stuffing. Only in Louisiana!!! From Hebert's Specialty Meats. Mike?
Quote: Originally Posted by aeglus Sorry that all the fun in driving got taken away from you I have a saying: If your car has an automatic tranny, it's not driving it's steering. However, I'll concede that shifting gears in Chicago traffic is a pain. Given that most of our driving is around town, the practicality wins out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast r The waistcoat is a total win, HF. Provenance? As for the M3, my wife and I are going down to one car due to the fact that we live in the city and my car is used only occasionally, and I've pushed for an M3. I think the car's performance and road feel outweigh any image issues. Unfortunately for me, my better half will not drive a manual transmission (even with the M double-clutch in "auto" mode).
Quote: Originally Posted by Menno878 Really nice combination!! But don't you think another pocket square wil be a better finishing touch? The red colour really contrasts the overall outfit. But that's my opinion. Maybe you can explain your choice to me, I'm just new on SF, and learning from other people is a good thing. And what's the brand of that Tie? My thinking was that the red ground and blue/gold paisley the pocket square contrasted...