or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Here is the schedule for our holiday hotel lobby bar crawl on Saturday, December 18th: 1.\t2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street: http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid...ar=Chicago,+IL 2.\t3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, 401 North Wabash Avenue: http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid...ar=Chicago,+IL 3.\t5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The Intercontinental Chicago, 505 North Michigan Avenue:...
Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 Fo-shizzle, Nii. Is that your AMG?
We're preparing a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner today because that's when we could gather all of my in-laws, who are coming down from Wisconsin and the far northwest suburbs of Chicago. On Thursday, my wife and I went to a hotel restaurant - I did do the turkey thing but she had a very nicely-done pork chop.
This place deserved a Michelin star - more than Longman & Eagle.
Widespread Panic - maybe the 15th best band to come out of Athens, Georgia but revered by its fans as perhaps the best band ever; Pink Floyd - After Syd Barrett's departure, the band became a vehicle for broadcasting Roger Waters' boring neuroses (while "Dark Side of the Moon" was great, most of their other output is sheer tripe); Ray LaMontagne - why this guy is popular is a mystery; Phish - See Widespread Panic above; Dave Matthews Band - The only thing that he's...
Following on the holiday theme, we're planning another holiday hotel lobby bar crawl for Saturday, December 18th - probably starting at the Palmer House in the afternoon and ending at the Ritz-Carlton or the Drake (whenever). So far, "Burton", "Francisco d'Anconia", "ykurtz", "Xiaogou", "Globetrotter" and some other local SF'ers have expressed interest. PM me if you'd like to join us. I post an itinerary in the next week or so. If its anything like last year's event,...
Great fit, Alan.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin For you Furriners, that is a boneless Turkey, stuffed with a boneless Duck, with a boneless chicken inside....then stuffed with a Cajun Sausage stuffing. Only in Louisiana!!! From Hebert's Specialty Meats. Mike?
Quote: Originally Posted by aeglus Sorry that all the fun in driving got taken away from you I have a saying: If your car has an automatic tranny, it's not driving it's steering. However, I'll concede that shifting gears in Chicago traffic is a pain. Given that most of our driving is around town, the practicality wins out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast r The waistcoat is a total win, HF. Provenance? As for the M3, my wife and I are going down to one car due to the fact that we live in the city and my car is used only occasionally, and I've pushed for an M3. I think the car's performance and road feel outweigh any image issues. Unfortunately for me, my better half will not drive a manual transmission (even with the M double-clutch in "auto" mode).