or Connect

Posts by ld111134

A great late period Baker album is "No Problem", recorded in Denmark with the late great Irving "Duke" Jordan on piano (from Charlie Parker's classic 1947 - 1948 quintet), Nils Hennig Oersted-Pederson on bass (a long-time Oscar Peterson sideman) and Norman Fearrington on drums.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson For the late night contingent: sorry guys, won't be able to make it. We'll have to get drunk on a Sunday or Monday together sometime. You'll be missed, Kyle! Gimme a call and we'll get together for a few some other time.
Look forward to seeing folks on Saturday - meeting initially at the Palmer House Hilton's lobby bar at 2:00 p.m.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joe Cool Cougars in play? Plenty of Coug haunts near the hotels on the crawl.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull I will do everything I can to make it. Sounds like a blast. Let's hope for some Chicago weather similar to what we have right now - sunny and positively cool. See you there - we should have a good turn out. Now back to our regularly-scheduled programing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Burton Rob, Thanks for posting. I would really love to give them a try. Also thanks for not making this a 40 page thread on divots. Illegitimi non carborundum. Rob, "Burton" and I be toasting you (and Bull) at the holiday hotel lobby crawl on the 18th.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Le Francais is gone. I've heard good things about IM, but I've not gone, despite it being a block away. I would probably go to Spiaggia for Italian. It's open on Mondays too, I believe. I've been twice and it's "meh"...the NY Il Mulino is better. The Chicago restaurant is cramped - they try to fit as many tables as possible into a small space (the place was once a mansion) and the wait staff is...
One of the early Rhino Records compilations "Bummed Out Christmas": http://www.allmusic.com/album/bummed...istmas-r133506 George Jones' heartbreaking "Lonely Christmas Call", Ry Cooder's version of the John Prine classic "Christmas in Prison" and the Everly Brothers' "Christmas Eve Can Kill You".
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson If you guys are feeling like some extra debauchery that night, I get off work at 2 AM on Saturdays and would love to kick it bar style with some of you bros. Wilkster, I'll personally keep the party going just so we can hang.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou Not to mention, Burton can spit some mad game to the ladies As he did last year! Here's People's Exhibit A: