or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou So true! Lou-- start a list. Michael and I got plane tickets already. We'll be there for sure. Are you really calling it the Tea Party Get- together? J/k. "Burton"/Gerard is the keeper of the list and our "banker" for this year's event. We are thinking of calling the event "The English Cut" (just like the Spanish department store chain "El Corte Inglés"). You're welcome to bring your Tea...
"Burton"/Gerard is the keeper of the list and our "banker" for this year's event. We are thinking of calling the event "The English Cut" (just like the Spanish department store chain "El Corte Inglés").
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I just love that clip. The most cringe-worthy scene in television history.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou Hell no! I refuse to even try whiz on a steak. You are entering the contest next year, right? Yeah, right!
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Schwa IMO is a relaxed version of Alinea, and great in its own way. I went to both Everest and Les Nomades for the first when I was in Chicago last Christmas. I loved them both, and was surprised that I hadn't been before then. You'll like all three and when you make it to Alinea it will knock your socks off. Enjoy! I met Everest's Chef Jean Joho at Brasserie JO when we had our sartorial meet-up there...
Tom Hardy stole the show and his character (not Joseph Gordon-Levitt's) should have been Cobb's sidekick. Leo was Leo. Ellen Page acted like she wandered in from a Cisco commercial. Nolan's vision, mise en scène and the plot structure (e.g. dreams-within-dreams) were brilliant, however.
Wonder if Bon wore selvege while shirtless?
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker I went with the Huntsman. Wow!
Schwa is on my list (it's around the corner from our place in Wicker Park), then Alinea. I still need to go to Everest and Les Nomades too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou I freakin' love Geno's. I lived in Philly for 4 years. There was nothing like going there at 6am and ordering 3 provolone without Wha? No Cheez Whiz, B? Congrats, W-i-M and NYR.