or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Attended a Chivas Regal tasting at a local tobacconist last Thursday and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the 18- and 25-year old blends. I usually only drink single malts, but this experience really opened-up my eyes (or, rather, my taste buds).
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Going back to the sunny shores of Florida for a week - where you going on the honeymoon? Istanbul, Nice/French Riviera and Paris.
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast I Very nice indeed, HF. Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Loverly, Spoo. Does the Rubinacci have a greenish tinge? That's how it's showing up on my monitor.m I do agree with Zbromer that a lighter-colored trouser might bring out the jacket a little more. Where are you going on vacation? My vacation/honeymoon less than 2 weeks away!
3-Sixteen and RRL.
Some photos from last year's event http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...cago%20Social/
Some photos from last year's event. http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...cago%20Social/
"A Nightengale Sang in Berkeley Square".
Frankly, you're better off going to a place like Nordstrom's Rack, whose everyday prices beat Brooks Brothers' clearance prices, e.g. I recently purchase four pair of gabardines from Premier (a Canadian manufacturer) and Zanella for $59 - $80 each.
Quote: Originally Posted by dhc905 That's it, Riccardo... May Street is pretty good - I recommend going Sun-Wednesday because it's BYOB - and having gone to countless relatively expensive but not super pricey places in Chicago I think it's one of the best (to give you an idea, I'd put Eve, Sable, Cafe Babareeba, Hub51, most of the gastropubs, and most Indian and Italian places [dinner], in the same category). Service and food were both above average...
Chicagoans, I suspect that Dei Giovanni in the Loop sells suits from the same Italian manufacturers that Jeff of Wizard of Aahs uses (used?) for his Baroni and Marco Valentino.