or Connect

Posts by BespokeKiwi

@Cuebert my entry point into C&J footwear range was via the popular 348 last.  Suggest you check out the 363 last -- another popular last, albeit with a not so pointy almond toe box -- and size down by a half size. EDIT:  check out my recent posts for pictures both C&J 348 and 363 last examples side by side.
 @daveathall  Your 348 Westbornes in chestnut brown (on the left) look like a "well worn in" (aka favourites) pair of shoes.   If I don't wish to spring for the price of a special order pair of 363 Barrington 2s in antique dark brown, then I will be opting to buy a pair like your Westbornes.   Not being a regular CBD dress type, I love the versatility of semi-brogue shoes.  You can either dress them down with slacks/jeans and odd jacket or dress them up with a lounge suit,...
Below is a cross post from the "Quintessential Crockett & Jones" thread. The socks (mid-calf in winter weight for my UK 10 size feet) pictured below are from my recent maiden purchase from Viccel.  My service experience with Viccel (thanks Ahmet) was top notch and the socks fit nicely.  Hopefully, they will wear well over time.  -- Having been introduced to the C&J brand by this community (thanks SF), I've been slowly "cobbling" together a small collection of their...
Attention: C&J Barrington 2 and/or 363 Last Fans   My C&J contact in the United Kingdom has just informed me that they're now taking orders for the Barrington 2 hand-grade oxford capped semi-brogue shoe in black leather.     Personally, I'm also interested in buying the shoe in antique dark brown leather too.  Alas, C&J have no firm plans yet to make it as a standard model.  So, only the "special order" option is available at this time.     If other thread members...
 @PCK1 Thanks for your above note.   Agreed, the Tetbury in dark brown calf are favourite of mine too.  As you may have noticed from the well worn creases in the leather in the earlier pictures.  Alas, my Milton boots in polo suede are still awaiting their maiden voyage when the spring/summer/autumn seasons return here down under in  New Zealand, where it's presently the tail end of winter. BTW, I intend to buy a pair of Hartland boots in mushroom suede for the approaching...
Having been introduced to the C&J brand by this community (thanks SF), I've been slowly "cobbling" together a small collection of their footwear, which is pictured below.   My humble C&J collection began with several variations of chukka/desert boots -- my favourite versatile form of footwear -- and is now being extended to their Oxford shoes too.   Several new pairs of Viccel socks -- another brand introduced by this community (again, thanks SF) -- are also pictured...
 @FlyingMonkey  Thanks for that insight.  Accordingly, as the challenged party, my weapon of choice is pints (of beer that is) -- not pistols.  As with pistols at dawn, the last man standing (at the bar) wins.  As my second, I nominate any Aussie or Brit member of SF with a waist size over 40 inches, as everyone knows that they're better competitive beer drinkers than either (ahem) slow poke Kiwis or Texans.   P.S. I hasten to add, that I have nothing against SF members...
 @mimo   I love your dry wit.   Yes, I completely agree with your comment about being choosy and not blindly aping entire James Bond ensembles, which often contain sartorial faux pas.    [[SPOILER]]
 @upr_crust  I confess that recently I sometimes wished that I was a ratite (wingless) bird like a kiwi.  It would have saved me a great deal of time and effort over the past year from having to remotely troubleshoot numerous sleeve related issues (i.e. length, pitch, divot, armhole size and/or upper back/shoulders a size too big etc) with several new bespoke SC/blazers from my Hong Kong tailor.