or Connect

Posts by BespokeKiwi

Recently, I received a couple of new pairs of C&J shoes:  341 Sydney 9.5E loafers in dark brown burnished calf (on left) and 348 Edgeware 10E oxfords in dark brown burnished calf (on right).  (@Cleav agreed, the dark brown burnished calf are great, mate.  Thanks for the earlier advice!)    The new Sydney loafers will join my earlier ones in black calf, to form a mated pair.   The Edgeware oxfords are my alternative to MTO Westbourne in dark brown burnished calf....
 @fabius the place name based naming convention is interesting.  Thanks for clarifying that.
   @macjedi and @518aata cheers guys.  I'm glad you found the side by side line ups helpful. 
 Cheers @macjedi.  6-fold for better knots, drape and travel hardiness.  Sam Hober use 4-fold construction as standard for their grenadine ties and 3-fold for some of the other tie fabrics.  For my collection, I used 6-fold for any ties intended for dressier (quasi) semi-formal use and 4-fold for smart casual/business use.  Also, 6-fold for any classic ties, i.e. grenadine grossa in navy made famous by Sean Connery's James Bond character.   The classic SF Club tie is...
 @adebisi it appears to say "LECBURY".  Let's see, two-eyelets (check), squarish chiseled toe (check), and sounds like "TETBURY" (check).  Perhaps, we're looking at an early version or a special variation of the current 348 Tetbury boots.  Also, the above boots are in sand colour and have desert soles, which makes them closer to real desert boot than the present Tetbury.  Anyway, nice score -- especially if you intend them for hot climate/desert/beach use. P.S. Welcome to...
 @pinkpanther cheers. New Ties -- Moody BluesHere's my last (moody blues) batch of new tie arrivals from Sam Hober.  The tie on the left (GGT-8 Midnight Blue) I already had.  However, I added it to this photo line up to show all of my blue grenadine solid colour ties.  This last set completes my collection of Sam Hober grenadine ties in solid colour.  In this case, all grenadine grossa (from Fermo Fossati mill) fabric ties -- all lined and tipped in either 4-fold or 6-fold...
 @madridista thanks for the pointer to C&J France for the Teign loafer in snuff suede.  I will try and contact them too.  If I can buy a pair from France, then I will return my unworn Sydney loafers in snuff suede for a refund.  I hear you regarding the limited Teign model options.  Hopefully, C&J are reading this thread and taking note.  
 @Cleav your above post is testing my resolve regarding my self imposed prohibition against C&J MTO.  As you may recall, I already own a pair of 348 Westbourne oxfords in black calf.  And, I also have a pair in chestnut burnished calf ones arriving tomorrow.  But what I really wanted (rather than the chestnut burnished calf) was a dark brown pair like yours.  Alas, I was reluctant to spring for the MTO. P.S. Belated New Year best wishes to you and your English roses.
 Yes, I have a couple of pairs of Barrington 2 oxfords (see spoiler below).  Is there anything I can help you with?  [[SPOILER]]
I just received my new lined 341 Sydney and unlined 341 Teign loafers in size 9.5E in snuff and dark brown suede respectively.  They're just in time for high summer down under in Auckland, New Zealand and the eternal summer up in South East Asia. Being unlined, the Teign loafers are a tad sleeker (which I prefer) in appearance than the Sydney loafers, with the later being a tad chunkier in appearance.   Unfortunately, the standard model options for the Teign loafers are...