or Connect

Posts by BespokeKiwi

@spectre as suggested, will PM you when next in Melbourne.  Very kind of you to offer.  Thanks.
 @spectre thanks for the prompt reply and your local Melbourne knowledge referral, which is greatly appreciated.    [[SPOILER]]
 @spectre if you don't mind me asking, who is your preferred custom tailor in Melbourne?   [[SPOILER]]
TIP:  If the following pre-requisite conditions apply to you, then I suggest that you invest in a digital camera and tripod to make the process of remotely assisting your tailor to fit and/or adjust any of your new garments.     Pre-requisite Conditions: - For whatever reason, you failed to obtain completed garments with acceptable final fits during your last trip to HK. - During your next planned visit to HK, you don't have the time or financial budget to remain there...
 @Classic Car yes I have lost a lot of weight in recent years, but not since the black blazer's (master pattern) fitting in HK back in April 2014.  My older age is one reason for my preference for a "classic fit" over a contemporary slim fit.  I'm 50 years old now and think the classic fit is more age appropriate for me. Regarding my weight loss, I'm 6' (183 cm) tall and 176 lbs (80 kg) now, I used to be clinically obese 4-5 years ago weighing in at 243 lbs (110 kg)....
 @Classic Car thanks for the prompt fit feedback, which is greatly appreciated.   
... This is a continuation of earlier posts.   The focus on the post is on my new "Black English Blazer" (i.e. classic fit, English military-regular cut, 2-button with 4-hole polished gold-toned alloy buttons) from Ash Samtani tailors.     Recall, this blazer is the "master" pattern jacket from my fittings in HK back in April 2014, which all my new 2-button jackets are supposed to be close "copies" of -- both fit and quality wise.  That's the theory anyway.  We shall...
@AlexE the cross wind's vertical fabric fold problems aside, your new WW Chan 3-piece suit and its fit looks good from the front.  Congratulations.     Like Cat-Cat I would love to see a 180-360 view of your fit.  No easily done I know, as I've just been busy doing some 180-360 degree fit pictures of some new garments, which I'm about to post shortly.
In relation to my above post about shirt sleeve length shrinkage, I've been doing some research here at SF and found a good thread on the subject.     It appears there are other options (than simply remaking the whole sleeve) available, e.g. like adding additional matching fabric at the sleeve head end (concealed inside the arm hole seam) at gain a little more length.    http://www.styleforum.net/t/161508/possible-to-lengthen-a-shirt-sleeve   EDIT: My tailors (Ash...
.... This is a continuation of earlier posts.   The focus of this post is on shirts.   Specially, this is a cautionary tale about high quality "Sea Island cotton" fabric (ahem) "shrinkage" and the undesirable flow-on effects and negative impact to my requirement for the usual 1/4 to 1/2 half inch of shirt cuff exposure at the wrist when wearing a jacket.   The first picture below shows the "master pattern shirt" (a white button down sports shirt made from Sea Island...