or Connect

Posts by BespokeKiwi

Isolation: Yes, much better photos this time around.  Like myself you appear to have a right shoulder drop asymmetry issue, which your tailor must contend with.  Overall the brown colour and contemporary slim fit sports jacket suits you very well.  My additional observations are below.   Rear View: - The shoulder to waist drop is quite pronounced, perhaps a little too severe.  However, I accept that perhaps this may be contemporary fit thing preferred by hip young men...
 Christopher Essex:  A very respectable start to your new Sam Hober collection.  Alas, Sam Hober collecting is highly addictive, so you may have to reach out to your local chapter of "Sam Hober Annonomous" for help.  In the meantime, you can continue to hang out with fellow Sam Hober addicts (I mean connoisseurs) on this thread.
 Dolama:  Some HK tailors have a local variation on the theme called "pagoda shoulders".  So, try entering that phrase into the SF search engine.   Recently, I commissioned a navy blue 2-button SB Neapolitan sports jacket from my HK tailor (Ash Samtani) and requested Italian style "shirt sleeve" shoulder seams but they could not accommodate my request.  So, I settled for (ahem) English roped shoulder seams on my so-called Neapolitan jacket.  If you find a HK tailor that...
 No offence taken, it was a fair cop.  Thanks again.  
 AdamWill:  Yes, apologies for the poor contrast and some of the "black blob" images.  Unfortunately, my iPhone's image quality by night is not great.  In hindsight, I should have taken along a proper digital camera.  When I get a chance (still travelling in Asia) I will take better photos.  Also, I will rephrase the post text -- so it doesn't grate with some SF readers like yourself -- and (ahem) remove the "ramrod from my rear end" too.   Thanks for the brutally frank...
As promised, please find below my first post with pictures of one of my recent Sam Hober PS purchases in action.  In this instance, a rough Thai silk PS in (ahem) "burnt orange".      The picture was taken in the wilds of TST Hong Kong during a recent sartorial sojourn there.  Apologies in advance to the "CBD crowd (in the financial services industry)" at SF for the garish "burnt orange" display of dandyism, within sight of the ICC building in West Kowloon....
 Chowkin:  Pictures posted now.   Edit:  Your HK local knowledge and feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 
... See my last post for more background details.   Having recently travelled to HK to commission a quantity of new garments from the firm Ash Samtani in TST, the initial focus of the preliminary fittings was on nailing down the fit of: (1) the first 2-button SB English military-regular cut blazer -- albeit with soft shoulders (an Oxymoron?) --  in a black English made fabric (i.e. Year round 7-8oz medium weight, Super 150, Tasmanian wool/cashmere blend); (2) the first...
I recently completed a 8-day trip (from 28 March to 6 April 2014) to HK, partly for the purpose of refreshing my wardrobe with some new custom made ("bare essentials" only) garments following a period of sustained weight loss.     My sartorial shopping list included: (1) a small set of 2-button SB English cut blazers/trousers for my frequent smart casual/non-CBD business use, (2) a couple of 2-button SB English cut suits for my infrequent CBD use, and (3) a small set of...
Alas, my Sam Hober collecting habit has now progressed to an advanced stage.  The ties and PS items below arrived in the mail today and I confess that I'm already planning my next order, to add to my growing Sam Hober collection.     I will add product details of the items below as a separate edit update.     Sorry no in action photos available yet as I'm still awaiting new suits from my Hong Kong Tailor.  Presently, I can't wear my existing suits as I've lost a lot of...