or Connect

Posts by FloreatDomus

Same for me, so I'll modify my outrage: I'm glad they're willing to reimburse what wasn't theirs to keep in the first place when asked, but I still think it's outrageous that they wouldn't do this automatically -- I'm just going to assume that if I hadn't pestered them, they would just have pocketed my taxes. Sneaking suspicion tells me that they're unlikely to forward HST on returned items to the Canadian/Ontario government....
I hadn't bought anything from Yoox for a bit over a year. Back then, their Canadian prices included taxes and customs -- you paid the price of the item and shipping, but nothing else, and no further fees were ever an issue. And when you returned things, Yoox reimbursed the entire price, so all you were out was the cost of shipping (and the minor restocking fee -- $5).   They've now changed the system. The prices displayed do NOT include tax and customs anymore. Both...
Of course I will. That won't stop me complaining about the decline and fall of Sartorio, though!
Same here -- I have a suit from the Attolini days which is great (though it, too, has machine-made buttonholes) and not from Yoox, as well as a Kiton-era sports jacket and a winter coat, both of which are largely handmade, among my favourites, and were bought through Yoox. The pictures look like crap half the time on that website.... The fusing is what really shocked me. Some makers are known to finish garments to a lower standard for Yoox sales (the Castangia...
Love the suit and tie -- gorgeous buttonholes! -- but I agree with Manton: that barchetta is screaming for a square.
I quite like that hat -- who's the maker?
  Love the fabric of that tie, but it looks a bit narrow for those lapels. How wide is it?
I just received two Sartorio sport coats from Yoox that looked like very nice summer jackets. They're not. For one thing, they are laughably short -- I know Sartorio make a short coat, but these two barely cover the top of my back pockets. The sleeves don't go much beyond the middle of my forearm; I'd give them 24 inches at most. Neither jacket is marked as an S (or C).   But never mind the awful fit: both jackets are fused. And neither shows a lick of handwork on...
Slightly better photos today. Subject rumpled and in motion.  
Back after years of absence.... Still with spectacularly crappy photos: