or Connect

Posts by mbaum

Ben/ Cotton Dockers, do you know what Canvas has left? Worth driving out to Malibu?   Stitches, I agree that anything above Converse/ Van? NB level would not look good in the sneaker department. I do like my Converse with EG, especially summer fatigues. The other shoes that Sean recommended are all fine.   I also like how Alex often combines his EG with the Baller-esque boots (Layer-0? A1923?). I think it can work well and it would be super interesting to see how it...
Wow - I am hooked on FW15. That look book, even in black and white, looks simply amazing. The proportions and layering combinations are perfect. It is even more "out there" than past seasons but so well proportioned that an old fart like me can wear it. That's especially great as I still feel a bit meh on SS15 (after such a stellar SS14). Three of the guys whose style I admire the most are Kgfan, ghostface and spacepope. I have no idea how to even begin to pull off what...
 Stockings? That would be interesting. I like the idea though of using them in a crazy-driver fit. My classic car friends would laugh their asses off and goal would be accomplished. Agree with Sean: I think they are best styled  like in the lookbook. Preferably a print, pushed up a bit, with fun sneakers/ loafers (Brks actually might work ... sigh) and something with a flare on top, like a Baker or a longer Bush/ Dayton shirt or both - I do not like at all the other fit...
The hair goes perfect with the bush shirt.   lots of selling/ trading activity going on here. I will check with Fok on reviving that EG trading threat, a la Visvim on SuFu.   Mike
Here is what Harris said about an extensive test and review in Road & Track. He was very complementary of the car. In summary: "BMW's work here isn't perfect, but if you consider the effort and the technology the i8 embodies, the ideas it forces you to reconsider, and the smile it puts on your face, there's only one conclusion: This is a remarkable achievement."  Didn't we have a small side bar discussion about Road & Track, and how nobody her seemed to like it, especially...
Holy f***: $79k for a 993? I know they are worth some money, but ... was that anything else than a plane Jane coupe or convertible (S, Turbo, etc.)? Congrats to that.   Are well maintained 997 already at high $20k? I might buy then, but just in a cool color ...   Yes to the Cayman being the best looking 911 Porsche ...
i3 are everywhere in SoCal. Have not seen that many i8s, except when they shot a commercial in my neighborhood. Then there were three ...    I like the 991 and think it is the best looking Porsche since the 993. Naturally, it gets bigger and they are moving it increasingly into GT territory as the Boxter/ Cayman is waiting.   On that TopGear list, the only car that excited me was the MX-5. At least somebody is still following the tried and true golden law of sports...
That tropical wool parka is delicious.   Thoughts on this? How to wear? First piece I really like this season.  
Thanks, @Lorcan7  and @e0d9n0b5 . Jacket is size 3. I have not yet seen NN stuff in size 4 and above and, consequently, this jacket is pretty much the only NN piece that ever fit me as it is super generous for the brand (A bummer as I really like Nonnative).
I ordered directly from Reggieshop and Doo-bop, in addition to SaG. All three are easy to work with, all my communication was via email, payment via paypal.   I also ordered from Takanna but used a proxy (From Japan) and that also was an easy transaction.   Mike