or Connect

Posts by mbaum

Y'all have issues anyway ... Nevertheless, an interesting discussion. As someone who spends a lot on both, furniture and cars, I completely agree with Foo. I think the decision to buy a piece of furniture and a car are perfectly comparable. I do distinguish between those for every day use and those that are more vintage or collectibles as the decision criteria are different, but that's it.   For stuff I tend to use every day, I can chose based on functionality alone. But...
I can oblige but has to be something like this ... WAYW at the California Mille Miglia last month     Something     Something     Something     '53 Lancia Thanks, Dennis Gray, for a great picture!
 They have bought a property in my neighborhood (LA Soho House, not Kardashians ...). Not sure what to make of it but think it will fit in like a sore thumb.  By the way, in San Francisco today and appreciate a write up where to eat/ sit/ drink/ poop, what to wear while doing it/ where to get my nails done, what half-hour outfit changes I should consider. And please stop by to dust me off as well, preferably in a Maserati ...
Duh me ... I was looking in all the wrong places, for sure not jcrew. Serves me right ... rookie mistake ... but got me the EG ones at least ...
[[SPOILER]] Completely agree - I was looking for those as close seconds to the Vans (If those are the CA slip-ons in Aluminum) but could not find my size anywhere. It is a well priced alternative. Knight fits are great. I love the balloon pants ans the entire silhouette is crazy and good.
Oh man. As a classic car guy, it is a bit depressing. I so want to believe that all the price increase in the last 5 - 7 years is all speculation and the huge bubble will burst so I can buy more. But that's the minority opinion and there are convincing facts that big decreases likely will not happen: There is still tons of liquidity in the market, classic cars (And some models in particular, including Porsches) have moved to be considered more art than toy, learned friends...
I have heard this before and there is something to it. Early 64 - 73 911 cars have seen stagering increases in value over the past 5 years and only high-end Ferraris might beat them as to appreciation. An ealry 911S was a $20 - $50k car all day long for most of the 2000's and now good examples can bring $200k - $300k at auction with entry prices for no-story cars ~$130k - $150k. Very, very early cars bring in excess of $1M (The 1964 cars) and up to $450k for MY 65 cars....
No. It is the Mercer. I like their tees as they are a bit longer so it works well with a longer piece like the shop coat. Truth be told though, I have never really looked at JE as their overall aesthetic is so different from what I usually wear. But I found them as I was looking for a specific beige/tan/brown tone that would go well with EG stuff of this season. They have a color called Dune that fits perfectly and that was the main reason for the purchase. I had to size...
[[SPOILER]]   Thanks, guys. Shop coats this season are great. And thank you very much in slashing all my Mad Max fantasies. EG is tough but not tough enough ...
Yes, they are the beige ones. Found them on eBay, contacted the seller for a lower price and we made a deal. Coincidentally, he was living less than five minutes from me here in LA ....