or Connect

Posts by mbaum

Shit - You should have called ... immediately :-)  FS in Santa Monica is a complete nightmare. Store and selection. Mohawk is the place that usually has an awesome selection. Then again: In my opinion, it are the best store in LA and one of the best in the country.Canvas is a great little store in Malibu. Also good selection (Often the crazier pieces). American Rag has a wide selection, though often not the outstanding pieces. And last year, they skiped the summer season...
I am a huge fan of the Willy Post but you have to be aware of the rather idiosyncratic cut: high rise, double pleads, drop crotch, cinch in back, strong taper with very loose thighs, slightly cropped.   What it can do to some physiques is to cause diaper butt due to the amount of fabric in top block. If you are on the skinny side with notably absent gluteal muscles, this might not be the pant for you. If it fits, it fits beautifully. And it can be easily worn dressed up...
I am of the dissenting opinion: Judge Mike thinks that TBB are the most accurate measurements out there. Not always spot on but usually reliable in the measurements that count the most such as P2P, length, waist and thighs ...
I find this very interesting. Crazy EG back, at least with the lookbook styling. I get a lot of Needles-type vibes here often.
Wow - those are some excellent buys ...
Whenever we get silly and pull rocker references for fits, in 2 out of 3 cases it's Bowie. I am terribly saddened about his unexpected passing and am sitting here with LOTS of wine and Hunky Dory, "Heroes", Station to Station, Low and Blackstar. RIP - His music and his impact - also in this forum - will remain forever.    
This is growing on me after a few glasses of wine. The proof will be in the pudding: EG is one of the strongest SS brands (Which we LA boys really like). And, given the fact that SS15 was a terrible lookbook but very decent season, this might as well turn out great.    Don't understand the comments about this being "too out there". It is probably one of the "tamest" lookbooks in a long, long time ...
Hi from Big Sur. Hope that Santa brought you all a full bag of gifts.
Not quite sure where to put this as it could also go in the Nepenthes/ Needles threat but this is one of the very few lookbooks/ editorials that I find stellar this season. And so far, the only EG outfit (With the parka, E-1 pants, Vis boots) that I absolutely love. Well done, Gentry.
Ha, ha - no worries. Only one of them is mine ... Rest are friends' cars ...