or Connect

Posts by JDubbs

Will do, thanks
Thanks, I think based on that I'll give the 11.5 a shot. Worst case I end up returning it and going back to a 12.
In relation to the hand, knowing a jacket should expose up to 1/2 inch of a shirt sleeve, what part of the hand/wrist intersection should the shirt sleeve stop at? I've seen a lot of bespoke suits posted here and the jacket seems to not leave cuff of the shirt exposed while standing normal, but people don't seem to call foul on it. Should a shirt sleeve extend beyond the coat cuff while arms are relaxed or just when bent? Not sure if my arms grew or the shirt brand was...
Ended up going with a black shoe, AE Park Ave. Wanted to follow-through (close out the thread) for future searches. Edit: was set on the ones above for a bit but my size was wait-listed several months. Decided to just make it easy on myself.
No, I'm not. Why? I have conflicting info... A woman working in the shoe dept told me not to step into an 11.5, and I have a 12 but got blisters from slippage at first (seems to be resolved, but I'm not trekking far in loafers intentionally). I don't see what the fuss is about mate, don't respond if you can't drop the knowledge. I will admit, your response made me laugh, but didn't really help. Yeah, maybe I am over-analyzing a bit, but I'm on the right place to do that...
To all those wondering where this ended up... I folded and got the Allen Edmonds Park Avenues (black- pretty sure that's implied, but whatever). Can't go wrong just being straight up, and the advice here helped. Glad I posted and took a beating at the start. Make mistakes early, get them out of the way, learn, adapt- that's how I do it. To be honest, I'm excited about the choice and think it will complete things nicely. Ironically, just today I saw a GQ video with a...
Anyone? I just got tongue pads and these things fit LIKE A GLOVE (on my foot, of course). It's really weird, I can walk around now without tongue pads and the shoes aren't really slipping when I walk, but stationary I can get the heel out (probably, if I try). With the tongue pads I need to use my hands to remove the shoes, and there is no motion ever, almost feels a bit too snug if i have my feet up on the desk. Today my friend wanted to see the shoe, I took it off but...
Wow, those are really a good look. I have a gator watchstrap almost the same color. Right now these might be top of my list.   It is weird, the picture online of the AE strands looks light, but in person at Nordstrom they looked much darker, but it might have been a different shoe.    Thanks guys, this all gets me a lot closer to the goal...
Would gladly, but it's still at the tailor... it's like a standard grey 3-piece, like my boy Roger Sterling would wear...
Thanks for the reply, good info! So, how about these (in brown): http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/gucci-leather-brogue-lace-up-shoes?ID=750819&CategoryID=1001314#fn=spp%3D53%26ppp%3D96%26sp%3DNull%26rid%3DNull