or Connect

Posts by alaaro

Looking for a Harris Tweed jacket in size 52L US. Prefer brown. Price negotiable.
Ive had a few pairs of Maui Jims, and they are amazing. I'll never wear anything else. Plus they have such a huge range of styles from sporty to sophisticated.
linen shirt with linen pants? I see that in the same vein as denim jacket with jeans. No no. I'd keep it simple with a solid cotton polo or a cotton oxford shirt, sleeves rolled.
I got my Signature Bean Boots also, and they are awesome. I much prefer the canvas to the original leather. I also picked up the Signature Trench Coat. Perfect spring coat. http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505928 Im a big fan of the line - seems to be geared toward a much younger crowd. Less frumpy.
I agree - button fly are a hassle. Perhaps they might look better than zippers, but they are difficult to use and awkward.
Ive been taking Prilosec ever since it became over the counter, so 5+ years. No issues at all, and I have asked my doctor numerous times, and they have confirmed that it is ok to take on a daily basis indefinitely. Of course, being off it is preferred, but then I have to give up booze, spicy foods, fried foods, fruit, juice, soda, and eating after 6pm. I'd rather take a pill than live that lifestyle.
Don't forget tahini (sesame paste).
Georgetown - My favorites are Old Glory, Tombs, Clydes, J Pauls, The Guards. None of these are clubby or anything like that. Just fun places to drink. Acadiana (not ARcadiana) is very good, and right near Chinatown - there's a good amount of bars in that area too. No strip clubs? I know the strip clubs in DC are lame, but a bachelor party with no strip clubs? Hmm. During the day - there are tons of wineries just outside of DC, you can get a bus tour to take you...
Frankly, these days, I dont know any golfers who play in a non moisture wicking fabric. Under Armour, Nike Dry Fit, Adidas Climacool, etc. I think the trend is moving away from fashionable high end brands to functional shirts that help you on the course.
I went to a party like this years ago and got a black velour dinner jacket with a paisley pattern in it from JAB. Who knows if they still sell it, but it was a hit. If not, I agree with the simple black suit/tux with white shirt - then spice it up with colorful cufflinks/socks/pocket square/cummerbund.