or Connect

Posts by -JR-

Hello, just wanted to touch base. I don't have the 1K's, however based on my actual foot measurement being size 13 C, the 12 D Plainsman fits perfectly.I wouldn't recommend them for casual wear-they are kind of bulky and don't stay "nice" looking really. Comfy as hell for work though, took exactly 2 days to break in.
No maybe about it, lol.Not sure what qualities it takes to attain walmart-core-ness, but I assure you no Chinese sweatshop labor will be involved.
Thanks a ton-especially on the stretch tips. Will report back!Heheh, was actually thinking bout getting a real faded light blue to avoid the bleeding, still up in the air on that little problem. We had a stock denim here at the shop we got on clearance, never had anyone come back with any bleedage problems so might not be that bad.Shoot! I was trying to figure a way to incorporate some leather into the design! I was thinking buttons, or front panels, but I don't want it to...
Don't think this is true DIY as I am a pro sofa builder, but I'll let you all be the judge. Here's a pic of my one and only side project made for a friend. Unfortunately it was not all DIY, as I don't know how to sew currently, a fellow furniture builder helped me there. I did design, build and upholster the thing though. The idea I had at the time was to get some 3D "slime" on a a sofa, which turned out pretty interesting and pretty difficult and time consuming. The...
Whoa. This thread....is awesome! Just stumbled upon it, and I'll case this thing thoroughly, but have any of you guys got a good reliable source for denim by the yard (or perhaps roll)? I have found a few sources online, but nothing truly satisfying. I'm actually a sofa builder, and near LA-I know there's a fabrics district, I just don't know the lay of the land and the factory I work at doesn't do denim. Been kicking around a side project iidea for a while now.
At least the past few weeks. Been searching for boots for the past few weeks, Katahdin price did not impress. The nearly identical Chippewa 20086 goes for $100 in my size, and that's before the 20% discount. The cap toe and hooks to the top and ll bean return policy are great, but not at double the price... :-/
Just ordered the Wolverine Plainsman (6", soft toe), got a few questions- 1) Does Wolverine plan on releasing a replacement of this boot of comparable specs and style? I find the Horween leather, hooks up to the top, classic design, and this specific vibram sole to be a great combo. Why exactly did thos line get the hook? Perfect workboot, on paper at least-haven't got mine yet! 2) I wear between 12-13, so I decided to get 12 D. I just wore my Chuck Taylors today and it...
This has thread has the feel of an enviro-savior using the forum as an outlet to spout personal ideals.. Despite this, I find the subject pretty interesting and actually worth researching-out of pure curiosity. 4characters, I think you'd have a better reception and feedback if you didn't simply talk TO us, but instead engaged the people in discussion. Ever been approached by a street vendor hocking jewelery? Instant recoil is my response, and walk the hell away. I'd...
Working with glues, the oil tanned leather will probably damage the Thorogoods less anyway, which makes it harder to choose since I kinda set my heart on the Chips. Argh....This is pretty much what I wanted to hear. Good thing is it appears I can't go wrong with either choice. I'm wondering with your work environment, does the rough out leather attract filth? This is work wear, but it'd be nice to be able to go somewhere with these every now and again.To make it harder to...
Thanks for the reply. Really, the only reason price was a factor was in figuring out if I want to get two pairs or not. Regarding fit, I wish I could try them, sadly neither is available near me.For anyone else searching, I'm picking up the Chippewas for a few reasons, first being the Vibram sole on them is purported to be lighter weight. Second, I'm actually digging the look of the Chips which seem more timeless, and there have been a few guides posted on caring for them...