or Connect

Posts by rm20

yep i know of a couple already (denim w/kevlar) but wanted to try these out b/c the gear just looks amazing. i hate you all. now i'm itching for another pair of outlier pants :) my wallet is crying.
hey all...wanted to follow-up on my first outlier experience.   after the help here with the breakdown in outlier pants (comfort/durability etc), i got the nycos for my original purpose of a protective pair of pants for city motorcycle riding.   granted, i haven't fallen in them, but they definitely feel more durable than any pair of jeans i've worn. i wish they had some stretch, but all in all they're great esp for the price. think i'm going to bite the bullet and buy...
whoa...awesome. thanks for that. yeah my issue is that there just seems to be very little attractive, reasonably priced protective clothing out there.   the nyco's are a little bit more affordable though so maybe i'll give those a try. thanks so much again for the help!
thanks cansty. yeah those look interesting b/c of the slight stretch, but not super cheap (for another $50 can get fully kevar lined). they looks great though... 
hey all. joined SF recently. have been looking for a pair of good protective + fashionable motorcycle jeans. my search led me to schoeller fabrics and then here to SF, and I recently discovered outlier. looks pretty interesting.   curious has anyone ever used their pants as protective riding gear? i'm not talking serious highway miles...more just zipping around the city at lower speeds (20 - 40 mph)   thanks! 
just came across these one...anyone heard of / tried them?:   http://leananglejeans.com/
hey trini, thanks for the reply. yeah my buddy has the maple jeans too but said after he washed them they shrunk a LOT and now can't wear them (and is now out of pocket $300/$400). doesn't seem ideal! i'll keep my responses to that other motorcycle jeans thread, but i'm going to start looking into some fabrics to see if there might be a better solution for motorcycle jeans. if anyone has any experience with their favorite (or least favorite) jeans i'd love to know....
whoa...thanks for the info pony.    out of curiosity what pants to you ride in?   i just emailed schoeller to see if i could get any information on their dynatec line, so who knows...
hey all,   sorry to repost a link to another thread, but seems like this one might be more recent / well maintained?   http://www.styleforum.net/t/61010/motorcycle-jeans-project/45#post_6496020   looking for a pair of great motorcycle jeans (abrasion resistant + fashionable off the bike), and was hoping people might have some recommendations!   i've been doing a little research myself so will share results if anyone is interested.   thanks!
thanks pony.   i've actually decided to do a little research on this (emphasis on little so far but intend to poke around more), with a focus on the fabrics so far.   seems like the majority of existing motorcycle jeans only have kevlar patches on critical points. curious if anyone has had any experience with jeans with cordura nylon woven through?   http://www.cordura.com/en/fabric/denim-fabric.html   seems pretty interesting.   also found a company...