or Connect

Posts by OliverGauffe

I knew about Zeitgeist, but this weekend I watched parts 2 and 3... again, nothing really new here, but a good resource for information about how our society got to be the way it is today as regards our monetary and political system...Worth watching, but by the time to get to the end its like OK I GET IT!!!! But definitely worth the watch when in the mood for a documentary. A sign of our times if there ever was one.
Well, I can't give you a specific name of a shop, but there is an area called Jeweler's Row I believe, near the Loop, with many different jewelry stores. There is of course Water Tower Place, which is a huge wonderful mall full of amazing shops... If you know what you are looking for, you can certainly find it in Chicago...
http://www.spartoo.co.uk/Red-Wing-b1120.php With Red Wings and other kinds of leather work boots, you really should treat them for the winter. Get some good leather conditioner that may also have a water protection type of function (there are many diff products available)...treat the leather at the beginning of the season, and they'll stay nice...you can fix the weather spots this way, and prevent new ones...
Ok, new streaming/dowloading site for music:  http://musicmp3.ru/genres.html   Been listening to Lorde's full album called Pure Heroine, and I gotta say, it's good. Something about her voice I find irresistible, and the lyrics are seriously unexpected sometimes. Not your run-of-the-mill dance pop (or whatever genre this is called now)...there are at least a couple more good singles on this album, especially the first track, and its a good one to put on when you have...
Congrats and good job on the name. I am personally partial to Dylan, or Dylane for a girl just because... And now the fun begins!
Sunday lunch with friends: made a pork tenderloin stuffed with comté cheese and wrapped in bacon... roasted new potatoes and fresh green beans, with a salade of arugula and lamb's lettuce with dried cranberries, roasted walnuts and roquefort with a sweet balsamic and walnut vinegar dressing... Tiramisu for dessert (bought from Italian shop, not homemade)... All washed down with great French red wine... I do believe everyone was pleased, but I was annoyed at the pork being...
A coupla supposed chick flicks that I feel are not only well done low budget films, but I also find them poignant for our times, and I get a distinctly guilty pleasure for some reason watching them: Hysterical Blindness (Uma Thurman and Juliette Lewis), and Be Happy. Both loaded with metaphor that admittedly guys might not pick up on right away.   On TV last night, absolute and total shite: 4 weddings and a funeral. Even shittier than the first time I saw it several...
Lusting after a leather jacket I saw online by Chevignon http://www.spartoo.co.uk/Leather-jackets-Imitation-leather-men-sty-10617-10789-0.php   The colour is spot on the authentic colour of the jacket my father had when I was growing up, which was military issued. The cuffs are also the same, its only missing the dark furry bit around the collar, but something about this jacket makes me feel like it would be an essential item in my wardrobe if I had it. I have not seen...
Here's a theory: the irritation is coming from the fact that the hairs on the back of your leg are rubbing against the denim and creating irritation, in the way that an ingrown hair might form from a similar situation. As its only happening on one leg, it can't be allergies. The direction that the hair follicles are may be slightly different from the direction of the rest of your leg, and this could cause some irritation;   A way to test this (if you are willing) would...
It's just a passing fad. Before too long something else will be big (Chartreuse or somesuch thing) and normal bourbon lovers can go back to swirling their bourbon glasses.   Ice or no ice? That is the question.