or Connect

Posts by OliverGauffe

Yes, agree with the others. You can easily take the RER B train (a subway train) directly from the airport into the city and transfer to another metro line there to get closer to your friend. But, that said, if your friend has a car and is willing to pick you up, its not THAT far out of the city, not by American standards. I just flew into Paris last Thursday, and a friend picked me up. I was so grateful not to have to schlepp my huge Samsonite up and down the subway...
Spent two weeks in Chicago and surrounding area, just got back. The big trend there now is flavored moonshine. It's in all the bars, especially apple flavored. I had no desire to taste this concoction, I was quite happy sipping my Calfornia reds and whites. But at lunch one day the drink special was irresistible: "Cock -n- Cider". LOL! It was absolutely delicious, like drinking apple pie. Turned out to be a mixture of Cinnamon flavored whiskey (?!) and Apple flavored...
I would recommend having a look at the Rough Guide for Paris. They always have budget friendly restaurants listed, and its true that you don't have to wait in all the touristy lines to experience the city. You can also buy museum tickets online now, so you don't have to wait in the long lines, at the Musee D'Orsay for example. You might want to see the Eiffel Tower, but going up, for me anyway, was a bit anticlimactic, but then, I'm from Chicago, so I'm used to the whole...
Looking for recommendations for Paris and Chicago, will be spending two nights in each city next week. Looking for a great place with atmosphere, culture, but not breaking the bank. Non-touristy venues preferred. Thanks!
One word of advice: don't plan too many destinations. You will have a wonderful time just taking it all in--there is enough to see without the monuments and history, and once you add that in, every moment is quite full of things to see and do. I suggest choosing 2 countries, and then 2 cities within those countries. France is wonderful, but so is Italy and Spain.   In Italy, Florece and Rome. In Spain, Madrid and Grenada. In France, Provence region and its small...
Things that make me happy? Well, they say think positive to get positive results, so this is a great thread to have! I'm happy because I'm leaving on holiday at the end of the week! A weekend in Paris and I will visit the Musee D'Orsay, 2 days in Chicago which is an amazing city that I love, 2 weeks with the fam, and I get to see my best friend who I haven't seen in 3 years! It's summer, and I'm healthy. I have a great little dog and a very cuddly tuxedo cat. Life is...
Ok, why is it that dogs are considered a more masculine pet than cats? Cats are MADE for men: they require little maintenance, just a bit of food every day. They don't have to go out, they don't necessarily have to be given tons of attention all the time... Cats are independent and just kind of "exist" in an apartment, making them ideal for guys. Whereas dogs, while seemingly somehow more masculine (like, why, for hunting?..) are extremely high maintenance, needy (albeit...
Seared duck with slices of foie gras on top...very, very good!...potato cakes and organic salad with homemade dressing. Last meal with my significant other before I move out for good... I called it, The Last Supper, LOL