or Connect

Posts by Chich

I can't see the picture (blocked from work) but if you've got damaged lapels then you may not be able to repair them depending on the construction of the jacket. Personally I would try and locate a very good dry cleaner (protip, it won't be the guy who lives around the corner from you. do some research, ask some people) and ask them if a press would fix the damage (it may not).   If you wanted to try ironing it yourself, get either an ironing cloth or a loose weave tea...
To be honest I have no idea, I would say it probably came with the iron as it's never been used prior to me starting to iron. If I had to guess I would suggest maybe either spotlight or harris scarf to get one from...they usually carry those random type items right?
Ah wise one, you are very knowledgeable indeed. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
 Haha yeah see, I carry around a little portable umbrella for such things but recently as I've started learning about suits, I've become so much more aware of the hordes of people in the city that come into the trains/trams absolutely soaked from the rain in their suits and it just seems like I'm missing all the fun being nice and dry under my umbrella :P   Interesting, so pressing a canvassed suit should normally fix issues arising from water exposure? I'm assuming this...
All fantastic advice and absolutely mountains of it. Very much appreciated guys, given me a lot insight and info!   Thanks
Hey Stiva, thanks for your reply.   Actually this dry cleaner is supposed to be one of the best in the city (obviously then bringing into question on how/why they didn't think an ill pressed lapel shouldn't be fixed). However to be fair when I took my suit into them it was ridiculously creased and wrinkled (overseas shipping) to the extent that the dry cleaner assistant commented that the extensive damage to the lapels may not be able to be fixed.   To my astonishment...
Interesting, thanks for the info. I assume though that eventually even a canvas jacket will start to ripple? So with that in mind, probably a good idea to avoid things such as rain then?   Cheers
hey guys,   I read that a fussed jacket tends to start bubbling when it gets exposed to generous amounts of water, what happens to full canvas jackets? Also how much water is needed for the damage to occur?   Thanks
hey guys,   I've just retrieved my suit from the dry cleaners, it needed a good press after traveling from overseas. unfortunately however the cleaner seems to have made me a nice big crease over one of the lapels, the sort that looks like when you accidentally (or not?) fold a shirt over itself and iron over the top.   is there any home remedy to get that out or should i take it for another pressing?   cheers
hey guys,   I've just retrieved my suit from the dry cleaners, it needed a good press after traveling from overseas. unfortunately however the cleaner seems to have made me a nice big crease over one of the lapels, the sort that looks like when you accidentally (or not?) fold a shirt over itself and iron over the top.   is there any home remedy to get that out or should i take it for another pressing?   cheers