or Connect

Posts by NWTeal

Looks great. Your uppers look like they were in good shape before recrafting. Which soles did you go with?
 Amazing. This should be a stock model. This is the type of shoe that walnut should be used for. 
I believe the Walnut Daltons at Pelle Line are still available in 9.5D. It's only $600 with their promo code if anyone wants to go for it. It says brown shell but the color is a darker variation of the walnut.  Below is a picture of me holding them last fall. Not my size unfortunately and I can't afford $600 shoes at the moment either.   
 Burgundy or dark brown. Either color works as they are equally versatile. A McAllister of Fifth Avenue in other color is another option as well to mix things up.  Can I ask why you got two pairs of walnut strands? I'd say walnut strands are on the casual side of the banking shoe spectrum and actually is the worst in terms of versatility. I find it hard to wear with dark colored suits. 
I prefer that to someone who plays slowly and insists on putting out their 1 footers. 
 I wear a 8.5E in the 5 last and a 9D in the Leeds. I sized down a width, but probably needed the half size in length. Also, my shell leeds are pretty chunky/blobby looking to me, especially when I'm actually wearing them. 
Haha, I liked the fastball actually. As long as they aren't Anaheim angels ones, wear them with pride
I'm in my 20's and I know one or two other guys my age that appreciate classically styled/well made shoes. If I see AEs on a 20 to 35 year old's feet in Midtown, they are 3/4 times the walnut strands which is still on the trendy said end classic in my opinion (color and brogueing). Unfortunately this has led to AE making 50 variations of the strand, with one more coming and all with different names. For what it's worth, Larry King wore the fastball shoes (baseball...
For seconds that's a keep for me. The "dent" is the only thing I'd say is out of the ordinary for seconds. Black discoloration, small scratches and incomplete brogue holes are pretty common. Remember, they are seconds for a reason. If you got them for $399 at the sale recently, I'd keep them since that's a good price ($299 doesn't seem likely to come back).Firsts will be MSRP less 15% in October during the rediscover America sale which is usually the lowest shell...
Saw this on ae's Twitter a while back and I asked the same thing. See below:https://twitter.com/AllenEdmonds/status/461532054190948353They were originally made for Taylor lipsett a paralympian for the US sled hockey team.