or Connect

Posts by JayH

Exactly why I am making up some more! Seriously underrated.
Hopsack arrival.
^ Re: Australian Customs and Auspost. I never thought i would say it, but they are highly efficient... at least compared to Indian customs. I have had a pen stuck in customs for the past three weeks. Two weeks of phone calls and emails, zero response. I think its going to be sent back to Japan :/
I can't speak for Goodyear welting, but hand welting does take years of experience to get right.    Goodyear welting is more of a process in a production line, the machine will impact the welting as well as the workers skill.   In saying this, resoling in either way is more complicated than working on freshly lasted uppers. Definitely not a skill picked up over night.   /cuegemmingvhandweltingdebate
The jacket is still a work in progress guys, the baste stitches are still in place in some areas so don't see it as a finished product. That said the finishing of the shoulders, pick stitching etc. is up to you.
Sorry for the delay guys, we are still waiting to hear back from the mill so pricing isn't yet finalized. We will get back with pricing details as soon as we know. In regards to the details, I guess that comes down to what you want in the sportscoat. Pricing will be generally the same across the board so just specify how your would like if made up. The cloth itself lends to a less structured construction. I'm thinking of something similar to my current WIP - SB, 3r2,...
^For $550~ more you can get actual bespoke a few hundred meters away.
^We have been discussing a few options. At the premium end of the list, and our personal favourite, is the Icarus book from Harrisons. 75% wool 15% linen 10% silk blend coming in at 7/8 oz, a true summer weight cloth.   See below to whet the appetite. The navy windowpane is calling my name, but you can't really choose wrong from this book.   Pricing is still undetermined until we hear back from the mill, but for a group buy pending sufficient orders we are looking to...
Ikea!
Do they offer in wool?