or Connect

Posts by zHugh

What are the chest pit to pit, and sleeve measurements?
Was considering a few RRL shirts and I just assumed at those price points they were made in USA or at least Italy or somesuch. Then I see they were made in Malaysia. Not saying they aren't good quality but that's an exorbitant price to charge for a shirt made with third world labor.
BeSpiffington, it's a great show and I love the costumes but unfortunatley that's just what they would look like in today's world. Sometimes I wish everyone still took that much pride in their appearance.
I am not very short but I am slim so I definitely prefer the slim ties. I am particularly fond of the knit ones in silk, wool, or cotton. I like ties with texture. 2.5" is the sweet spot for me with most ties except knits. Knits I prefer in 2"-2.25". Anything much wider in a knit and I feel like I'm wearing a sock around my neck.
BeSpiffington, haha yeah its tricky finding your style and separating that from the trends. I don't want to look like i'm an extra on Boardwalk Empire but at the same time i don't want something that's trendy and will look ridiculous in 5 years. I like the quality of Kent Wang a lot. If I get another one made I'm going to tweak the measurements and specifications a bit now that I know how everything fits and looks together. The full canvas construction is very nice.
BeSpiffington, I like slim ties mainly because I'm a slim guy so most ties above 3" in width I feel are not proportionate on me. I haven't heard of Mr. Greenfield, I actually got my first MTM suit a few months back from Kent Wang. So I haven't had experience with the other guys except for RTW. I have to slowly grow my wardrobe due to limited funds.
Yeah BeSpiffington I wouldn't have paid the $125 retail but for the $37 I paid for it I am very satisfied. And I agree with anything BF generally being obscenely overpriced. The ties when they are on sale is about the only thing I would consider from that line. You can get MTM for what their suits go for even on sale.
I purchased a BB Black Fleece tie on their recent 70% off clearance sale and while I would not have paid the full $125 retail it is a very nice tie. The fabric is high quality and substantial as is the stitching/workmanship. As a side note I personally would not pay $125 for any tie so I am not saying that this tie is not worth that if you are so inclined and able to spend that kind of money on ties.
  Thanks David. Are they still making the Park Avenues in 6? IMHO the four eyelet create a vamp that looks disproportionately long.
Just sprung for my first pair of AE. Got a good deal on Ebay. So far I'm liking them quite well but I've only worn them once. Curious to see how the comfort and quality holds up over the long run.