or Connect

Posts by Bureaucrat

Hard to say. Many argue that most of the Santoni Fatte a mano range are overpriced to begin with. But then again they vary much in terms of quality and construction, some are goodyear welted, but the majority seem to be blake stitched. Impossible to tell if it's a good deal without handling them in person.  Then there's those who wouldn't buy used shoes. I am one of those.  But if you like the design and they fit, do as you like, 99£ isn't the end of the world. 
There's no doubt that charcoal pinstripe trousers, particularly if they where part of  a suit, are probably the hardest trousers to pair anything with. Charcoal pants aren't generally liked on SF, just for the fact that they're extremely hard to wear decently. The pinstripes aren't helping either. Frankly, I can't see a single outfit that they would work with. Depending on how noticeable the stripes are, they might work with some looks, but are never the best option. 
http://www.lavenhamjackets.com/men/sale.htmlIf you're still in need of a quilted jacket for the fall, and are tired of everyone owning a Barbour, you might want to give them a try. I bought a jacket last summer and has held up decently. edit. Made in England too 
They have good customer service, take a few photos and contact them. 
You can always remove the pocket yourself, if you really like. Fairly straight forward, minimal tools needed and shouldn't leave any marks on the shirt when done properly (not anything one could see anyways). Charles Tyrwhitt and TM Lewin are quite popular options for cheap beater-esque shirts. Don't personally own any from TM Lewin, but own one shirt from Tyrwhitt. Decent quality, i.e. you can wear the hell out of it without it falling to bits and pieces, but I dislike...
He might be on to something. I browsed the sale during the extra 75% clearance, but a lot of the discussed items at insanely cheap prices were showing as much higher to me outside the states. 
Yup. I was on the fence of buying a pair of Mr. Hare jodhpur suede boots for insanely low, but waited too long and now they're gone. Sometime it pays off to be an impulse buyer. If someone here bought the UK7, I'll gladly take them off your hands if they don't work out. 
Thank you for this. I've been eyeing the site almost daily for new additions and have been just missing out on great deals in my sizes. Well, finally I've managed to kop something, even if I missed the best items. Bought a few J.CREW sweaters and a pair of shorts from the same maker for ridiculously cheap. Hopefully they fit, just took my usual size and checked out as fast as I can. Stuff was moving so fast... 
^As you said, it's hard to compete with GW-shoes for 120 euros, they're probably more than fine for the sale price, even if the leather quality would be decent at best (I have no experiences with the imported shoes).  I quite like the Herrings black cap-toe oxford, the last is sleek but elegant. The Barkers are sitting on an unflattering last and doesn't visually appeal to me, but that just a matter of taste.  
Hard to say, haven't given any real thought whether my pair have stretch significantly or not. I can confirm that the heel has stretched (width-wise) and molded to my heels specifications. I cannot comment on the toe box area, as it's a bit too roomy for me. I would advice you to use your own judgement on whether to size up or not, but if the toe box is snug, e.g. not long enough, your probably out of luck. But again if it's just a tad too tight, you might be able to live...