or Connect

Posts by TennesseeWill

Bump.
Hey Guys,   Today I wore a new pair of wool dress slacks, and on my walk to work (approx. 2 miles) it was pouring so hard that my pants were soaked all the way through upon arrival. I know I should have just taken a cab, but I chose to walk with a rain jacket on. Long story short, pants were completely soaked through; I sat at a desk until they dryed; I stood up and the fabric jutted out at the knees. Like if you bunched up the fabric and pulled really hard until you had...
Just a quick shout out to Allison at Ledbury for her awesome customer service. The Pink Mcguire is great. Really, really like the Alden collar, and while the cuffs are big, this shirt was meant for rolled-up sleeves.   Also, I know, I know. I need deeper v-necks.  
Just a quick shout out for Ledbury. So many compliments on this shirt. And I know, I know...undershirt is showing. I need new v-necks.      
This will be my first post in this thread. Figured I'd give it a shot.        
Felt like I needed to add an update to NOT dry these shirts. I always wash them on tap cold, but decided to test one on a delicate, low-heat setting, and it destroyed the shirt. Like shrunk 2-3 inches everywhere, and the fabric felt awful afterwards. Sleeves got the worst of the shrinkage; looked like I bought a shirt with sleeves for a toddler.    They're fine if you wash tap cold, hang dry for 15-30 minutes and iron damp, but again, do not dry. Thank god Ledbury...
  I wear a v-neck undershirt. It's not deep, but I never noticed it until I switched to Ledbury. Eventually I'll probably get annoyed enough to buy deeper v, but I can't stand wearing a dress shirt with no undershirt. A polo shirt, sure, but a dress shirt - particularly a white shirt - no way. It's probably because I've lived in two of the most humid cities in America. D.C. in the summer is ridiculous.
Just wanted to chime in with pro/con feedback for Ledbury. To give background, I'm a 15", 33". I started wearing Brooks non-iron slim-fits in college and despite trying other shirting companies, I've always found myself back with Brooks due to ease of sizing, and the fact that I've tried to avoid ironing - and their shirts look crisp for years. However, I'm a sucker for a nice spread collar and the ainsley is awful.   Started with an initial order of a light blue...
Werger,   Thanks for the info. I do, because I love that style of shoe and I found some great deals on different colors. I find the Walnut color goes well with light grey charcoal and denim, the dark brown with denim and the black and cordovan with black and navy suits.    That's good to know that it's fairly normal albeit shorter than normal. I walk with a heavy step, I just wondered because in the past, J&M loafers didn't wear down as fast in the sole and heel,...