or Connect

Posts by Jay687

Not sure if I bought them like this or they slowly got like this, but anyone know how to tighten up the wrist section of a thermal? Hell, whole forearm area. It's like I'd need giant forearms/wrists, lol... the shirt is nearly as wide at my wrists as it is at the top of my forearms. Fits well on my chest/upper arms though. Actually fits really well everywhere else but my wrist/lower forearm. Maybe I rolled it up or something to many times and it stretched? Bleh... not...
Alright... recently bought some button downs that I like the style of and fit me well around shoulders and body, but are too long. I compare them to other sites lengths and stuff and it seems these are as short as they are gonna even get (27-28" inches it says). But being short... they are still too long untucked. And I have other shirts I've washed before and they fit fine (from the Gap, as are these new clothes), maybe a tad long on sleeves/length, but that being an...
Quote: Originally Posted by RIDER Here is a good analogy - leather is like paper.....pull on a piece of paper and see what happens. Then, get the paper wet and pull on it again - that's why it's a good idea to let your shoes dry out between wearings.....and also the main benefit of shoe trees. Yes, but I think he is specifically asking why does a few days really make a difference over one night? Does the extra 24-48 hours make them...
Or any shirts in general really, but for dress shirts, should you expect the sleeves to shrink up to an inch? Say you were wearing one casually (and it'd be untucked), would the length shrink up to an inch? 2? I guess it depends on material also? Say 100% cotton. Just curious since it'll probably help with sizing in the future.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgePaul That would be a coat, then. I use those two words interchangably... since when does coat mean long and jacket mean short?
http://stevenalan.com/shop/customer/...18208&cat=1813 See where that goes on the zipper? I guess it depends on the jeans, but that's roughly where my Gap shirts go to. Is that a decent length? It seems a TAD long, like maybe an inch or two, but it's mainly because the front of Gap dress shirts are cut a bit long in front. They curve up and the side/back ends up looking good... just some of the Gap shirts aren't cut very straight in front so are longish. The...
Hmmm... thanks, you have same chest/waist as me, so will probably fit well. How long are they? Cuz I am short and that is a big reason why for example I couldn't do Gap stretch mediums and see if they were slightly looser... they'd just be too long. Like Hanes medium undershirts fit perfectly, but as too long. I don't care about wearing the really tight small undershirts cuz they are undershirts, but yea... can't size up. Anyway, I'm going out tonight and will try some...
So American Apparel fit well? I can't tell from pictures on the site since the models are all sticks... so it makes them not look very fitted at all. And, okay, maybe the picture above wasn't a great picture. But I think the main problem isn't even the front of my shirts... it's when I look at myself from the side it's frikin' wide. I have to take a handful of the shirt to bring it in like I'd like it. And, like I said, fitted shirts, like gap stretch, are too fitted...
Quote: Originally Posted by jabreal00 I don't know your age, but if I were to guess you're probably college aged. Most people on this site will wear their shirts tucked even with jeans. Polos can be worn untucked. There are some military type shirts (long or short sleeve) that look decent untucked. For the other shirts that you have, you could always take it to a tailor or alterationist to get it shortened. Here is what I think is an...
Where do you find t shirts that look like that at the bottom then? Cuz the Gap ones I usually wear look really wide at the bottom (athletic fit... and classic fit is worse). They look fine at top, but then never come back in... And really, from the front it always looks fine. Then I look from the side... and it looks like my waist/back is double the width because the shirt is too big at the waist. Then they got stretch tees, which I guess are truly "fitted," but I'm...