or Connect

Posts by Jay687

Could you give measurements of the jacket? i.e. chest, shoulder to shoulder, etc.
They are vanity sized. About 2.5" above the marked waist. I think most Jcrew pants are about 2.25" above. I generally wear size 29s in other Jcrew bottoms (chinos, shorts, etc.) and it works well for me as I measure 31" where I wear my pants/shorts. I'd say the 484s are a fairly standard rise. They won't be going up to your natural waist or anything, they'll likely settle on right above your hips. So measure that area where you'll be wearing your pants and size...
I'd step it up, but try not to look out of place. Also, mix it up. Don't ALWAYS wear jacket and tie. Sometimes wear jeans like the others. If you can show that you're not always overdressed then it won't look as misplaced. That's how I'd do it. But if you're not a fan of going more casual sometimes, then at the very least limit the extent of how you dress. I wouldn't go with a jacket and tie daily. I'd probably opt for sweaters, ocbd, and stuff like that... it's a bit...
I will be wearing it for work on rare occasions (generally business casual environment). Other than that, just for dressing up for social occasions. I MIGHT wear it to an interview depending on what I feel like deciding in terms of career choice (currently in public accounting). Would the medium gray not be acceptable for job interviews? The interviews would likely be for accounting / finance jobs. And both is an option I suppose... but it's a pricey one! Especially...
I think Jcrew chinos are have pretty roomy thighs and a nice taper (depending on the fit you choose). Here is a measurement chart for the Urban Slim Fit: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/albertbolt/urbanslimfit19488.png I wear 29 waist (sized roughly 31" which falls just above my hips, pretty standard rise IMO, not too low) and the 24" thigh is spot on. I have 22" thighs and definitely feel 2" of fabric when pinching. I'm not sure, but I believe they measure the...
What do you think? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/italianwoolsuiting/PRDOVR~11707/11707.jsp or... http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/italianwoolsuiting/PRDOVR~28130/28130.jsp I currently have no well-fitting suits. I like charcoal as it's conservative and traditional. But the medium grey just seems really nice as well.
That is entirely false. I mean no disrespect, but to say that, you must be VERY thin. The 484's are the slimmest I can go without being skinny and I am fairly average (I suppose my legs are a bit thicker proportionally because I'm short, but my legs are somewhere in the 21-22" range). Hell, I even size up on in the waist (I'm a 29 waist, measures a bit over 31 on Jcrew pants) to 30s to get a perfect fit.The 484 slim fits from Jcrew are (in my opinion) a happy medium...
Hi all. I'm new to the raw denim thing. I just bought some raw jcrew denim (I know many here are against their overcharging at retail $225! But I got 20% so I felt that was more fair. Plus, I love the 484 fit) and wanted to get an idea about soaking them. I believe they are sanforized denim, so it isn't necessary to soak before wearing (and some are against doing it). However, it seems that there could be some benefits to soaking. For one, I have heard that soaking the...
I've seen varying opinions on this and what is never really mentioned is what type of chinos and what else you are wearing with the chinos. That said, I am specifically wondering if it's more appropriate to crease or if it's okay to go creaseless in a business casual environment. This would be dressier chinos (in my case, Jcrew Bowery) and include wearing a tie and sportscoat/blazer as well I've been creasing, but I dislike ironing (I hang dry and steam shirts)....
Bump...