or Connect

Posts by Jay687

Those are nice. And the made in Canada really seals it for me because I was worried about those issues you mention with the Sorels. Thank you for that suggestion! I think I'll get the Kamiks. The Roots one are the same I suppose, but not a fan of the logo. Although I knew it sounded familiar and then I remembered that I carry this keychain with my fairly often: And it's held up incredibly well. Not that it's the same company as Kamik, but I do hope these boots hold up...
I'm looking to buy some winter boots and Sorel caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone had experience with them? People seem to like them (even if their newer ones made in China ones are not as good as the older made in Canada ones). I was looking at the following: 1. 1964 PAC - full grain leather, felt liner, treats are zigzags (different than the...
Bump... anyone?
So, what are all the rain coat types? Which do you like best? You have the Trench, which is double breasted, belt, epaulets, raglan sleeves. You have the Balmacaan, which is single breasted, beltless, raglan sleeves. You have the Generic Rain Coat, which is single breasted, beltless, regular sleeves. Yuo have the Mackintosh, which is generally the same as the generic rain coat, just with rubberized cotton fabric. Is that it? And what do you think about variations of...
Thanks for those references. Gonna look into those brands and try to locate Filson store perhaps. I've emailed them about measurements, hopefully they can give those to me. I spoke with Jcrew and Bean and was enlightened regarding Bean's regular line. honestly, it goes along with the flannels i ahd bought. I don't get how they can have over 20" shoulders on a size small. That's outrageous. 17.5-18.5" should be shoulder size for a small. Base it off of, say, 38 jackets,...
That's unfortunate that those clothes fit too big. My problem is actually shoulders too large. I do have average / well-sized shoulders for my height and most smalls fit me, just not these generously sized brands. Why they don't consider XS when they size everything so large is beyond me. In terms of boys clothes, can't do that. My chest (and although my shoulders aren't huge, I'm not scrawny either) is far too large. As a result, XS doesn't usually fit me as well...
Thanks for replies guys. It's not that I want it to actually be slim fitting. It's more that I'm a small guy (5'4" 130 lbs) and as such I need it to be relatively slim fitting. It really is the shoulders that are the issue that I'd have. At 130, I'm not stick thin or anything (38" chest), so room to layer is fine with me. And although sometimes extra length on things is frustrating, I don't mind here. I just know LLBean small flannels don't even fit my shoulders. So if...
I'm looking to get a field coat or barn coat and narrowed it down to the following options: LLBean Original Field Coat: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/18214?feat=593-GN1&page=original-field-coat-cotton-lined LLBean Signature 1947 Field Coat http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65099?page=beans-1947-field-coat Jcrew Barn...
(Pictures within) Jcrew Vintage Cords (484 Slim Fit) 28x32 - Olmsted Khaki and Light Grey These have been worn more than once but are in good condition as I always wash in cold, gentle cycle, and hang dry. I'm selling the cords for $40 each (MSRP $75). The jeans for $30 (MSRP $70). Buy all: $100. Buy all cords: $75 Buy 1 cord and jeans: $65 I will ship anywhere, but will only pay shipping within the US. I accept Paypal payments.
I would like to have that be the case, but it's platinum which is a fairly soft metal and when performing certain activities, i.e. weightlifting, specifically heavy deadlifts, I fear not just scratches, but even dents in the ring.I really just don't trust it in my pocket. Especially when I would be taking off during activities that I do a lot of moving around.I did think of that. It's why I offered the leather / rope idea. I don't want to mess with the inside engraving...