or Connect

Posts by nevadabob

I'm pretty sure I've seen this answered here before, but I can't find it:   Does anyone know who supplies Filson with its bridle leather?
The website says it's a 15oz tin which is heavier than standard. Did you pick tan or moss? The tan color is a lighter heavy tin cloth. I ended up calling to confirm. I saw moss in the store. I really like the texture of the heavy tin.
Also, I was able to handle some of the heavy tin bags. They truly feel indestructible. Inflexible. Immutable. Very very tough. The odd thing was the flap is made of a different, thinner material. I did not like the contrast at all.
[IMG] I have added two more items to my Filson stable. The first is a small Dry Bag. It will primarily be used for keeping items dry while in the boat or wading along frigid streams while chasing fall Chinook and winter Steelhead. The other is called a Training Bag. I bought it hoping I could use it to fit my shot shell bags, but it's too small for that. I need a bag to hold all of my ammo for a day at the range. These two make 32 Filson products I own currently,...
Coincidence? The current CEO at Filson was Senior Vice President at Eddie Bauer before taking the Filson gig.
Filson had two huge price increases in 2013. I have a feeling sales dropped off a bit, so for the last year, Filson has been making bags out of cheaper material and charging a higher price for those bags than their original counterparts. This is a clever way of increasing revenues without increasing prices. Or, they've been "bringing back" old favorites but are using cheaper materials.As an example, the newly re-released Outfitter Bag, a wildly popular product when it was...
Filson's new dry bag has finally been released. They call it a "medium duffle" but the dims are slightly smaller than the traditional duffles. It holds about 600 cu in less than the tin or twill duffles.  
Sorry, I was thinking this tag...  
Do you have a photo of the tag for that bag?
I have a Pullman and I can speak about it, but not the medium travel bag.   I chose the Pullman over the others because I like that it opens flat. The medium travel opens like my duffle.   Yes, it will hold all you say you need. Yes it will fit in an overhead compartment (every one I've tried, anyway). Yes it does get heavy, but we're men and men were meant to lift heavy things.