or Connect

Posts by nevadabob

Filson used to call its bridle leather "vegetable tanned" and now it is called "saddle grade" in Filson's marketing material. Subtle? Yes. Significant? I believe so.
Filson Summer Sale on now. 35% off select items directly from Filson.
Any idea what this is on "the bay?" I've seen and own a lot of Filson and don't recognize this one bit. http://m.ebay.com/itm/191599109461
20% off is definitely a good deal for anything Filson. Anything more I would consider a great deal. Ps,,,
It's a #265 Large Compartment Case. The other is what Filson called a Shave Kit.
My two most recent purchases - both used previously - any guesses as to name or style number?    
Just a shot of what I hauled to work today.    
I have a dry duffle backpack and the non-dry version (camo). I wouldn't want to carry the dry one around every day as it doesn't breathe at all.
I just grossly overpaid for a Filson shave kit mislabeled as a travel kit on ebay this morning and I'm looking to do the same for any of the items listed above. I will pay double the original list price for any of the above in new condition.
Filson has only been making luggage since 1991 so, yes, I can say with confidence that its duffle bags have never had exterior pockets. Look for a second tag like the one in the picture below. It will have a style number confirming your medium travel bag. It should also have a date. My guess is 2006 based on the shoulder pad, YKK zippers and the brass rings on the leather handles.