or Connect

Posts by azcodito

I'm a 12 in Nike, 11E in White's, 11.5D in Danner and a 10.5D in IR. I believe their "state of the art" foot measurer is crap. It told me to go with a 11.5EE I asked for an 11.5D and kept going down from there until my toes hit the front. That was a 10D. I tried on a 10.5D and called it good. The salesman almost didn't let me leave. They were a little rough on the break in but they fit like gloves now.I think the IR is one of the most mis-sized boots out there.
Polished 8111
My 8111 are almost two years old. I wear the for just about everything. Hiking, hunting, cutting wood, car work, yard work. Treated with Obenaufs
My 8116 Charcoal Rough and Tough with about a year of wear and one application of Huberds
STP Sierra Trading Post
Who of you use your IR for actual work? I've been cutting wood, changing oil and pulling weeds with these.
Looks like normal horween chromexcel wear.
are the ends of your toes hitting the front of the boots? I think the best way is to get a pair that gives you good wiggle room for your toes but a firm grip on the top of your feet.
My experience with leather boots is that if the toes are jamming or any type ofpressure on the ends it won't get any better.
I have to agree about the over greasing/oiling of boots. I really enjoy his channel on YouTube, but I feel Wranglerstar over oils his boots. Like skin, leather can also be over moisturized, too much and you run the risk of it tearing or loosing it's structural integrity.