or Connect

Posts by Tuur

Hi If the 348-last fits you, then take the same size in the 363-last. The 363-last is elongated like the 348-last so lenghtwise probably the same. In my experience, the 348-last is narrower then the 363-last. So if 363-last fits you, you should probably want to try on a 348-lasted shoe first.  I have a pair of Westbournes in the 348-last in UK7,5 and it's too snug for me. I also have a Millbank Chukka in the 363-last (UK7,5). The Millbank also fits snug but not too snug,...
Hmm.. I'm a 7,5UK in the elongated C&J-lasts like the 348 and I had to go up half a size for my Coniston's on the 325 last. The 325 last is not elongated so it's possible you should size up half a size. But if I understand you correctly you would size down half a size? Make sure the Grasmere's are good in lenght then.
 Love the longwings!
Small question: I recently tried some Alden's plain toe bluchers on the barrie last. I really liked the fit in the toe area, but found that the heel counter was cutting in my heel a bit, probably because the heel cup on the Alden bluchers is pretty low (?).   Is this something that will dissapear with breaking in you think? 
Small question: who has Alden's on the barrie last in both lined and unlined make-up? Do you size down for the unlined ones?    I ask because I have a low instep. If unlined shoes stretch more than the lined ones then I could risk that the lacing of the shoes closes completely so that I won't be able to pull the shoes tight enough.   Thx
Those suède/chamois ones are so cool.. Next pair that crosses my path will be mine.
My new Millbanks that i bought during the sales, on the ugly office workfloor. Still need to break them in though. Edit: should give them a brush too :-)
They said d width to me so i guess not.
 Yep, shoes & shirts in holland. If you look at the Alden size chart (google 'alden lasts') then it appears that Aberdeen would be the narrowest last and the last with the least volume, while the grant is a real true to size last. I don't like my shoes too snuggy so no Aberdeen for me (maybe I would change my mind after trying it in person (with e-width for example), but I haven't so far so I won't buy it online). 
 According to the shop, these are made on the Aberdeen last and not the Grant last. That means I'll have to pass (these will be to small). Pity. I'm looking for a suede boot in the Grant last, or slighty wider last. Who has links to online shops in Europe that sell Alden (I'm very familiar with Frans Boone but he has nothing in stock in my size and in the Grant last)?