or Connect

Posts by Tsujigiri

Kyoto, I would love to see some of those 80's West German frames. I don't have any experience or knowledge in that area. Glass lenses are not as common in high end sunglasses, and the ones that do have them tend to be smaller due to weight concerns. LGR uses all glass lenses, and Salt occasionally uses them. So does Barton Perreira and Oliver Peoples, but I can't recommend either of them unilaterally. You might find something similar to what you want with Salt's CR-39...
Looks like I forgot to update. Yes, I did get my jacket! I based it off the N-200 model in 2oz black naked calf with a black cotton lining. By default he lines the inside with cotton around the body but nylon in the sleeves (so you can pull your arms through the sleeves and not have them catch), but I opted for cotton on the whole thing. I haven't found it difficult to deal with the sleeves in cotton lining. I was going to get it fitted, but when I tried on a size 38 in...
There's a cutoff point. Allen Edmonds is well-liked here because they make a good quality functional shoe that's not too expensive. They use top-grain leather and are resolable, so they can last for a very long time with proper care. They go on sale often, so I'd wait for that. More expensive shoes won't necessarily last longer, but they will often have more precise stitching and more flawless leather. When you get to the really high end you're paying more for small...
How far off is it? The frames shouldn't be warped so much that they're twisted far from flat. If it's just a little bit and you can fix it by bending the temples slightly it shouldn't be a problem. As for fit, LGR sunglasses tend to be smaller than others since they use heavier glass lenses, and would likely be too heavy with oversized frames. Ultimately the final judgment on fit comes down to whether you like the look or not, though.
OP shows up on Gilt every once in a while, it's not too uncommon.
I see Danner as more of a utilitarian boot brand. The American-made models can be rebuilt like other quality shoes, and have some features that make them well-suited to rough conditions. I have a pair of Acadias that I use for hiking and like quite a bit. They're comfortable even for long durations, provide a good amount of support, have insulation to guard against the cold, thick soles that cushion rocky terrain, and a waterproof liner. I don't really wear them casually,...
Not an optimal picture, but could be Retrosuperfuture Flat Tops
Is the Covy's promotion dead? It was posted on the site when I ordered my shoes, but they weren't included in the package when I received it.
Alright I gave in and became a member. Someone talk me out of the special snowflake....
Mykita, IC! Berlin, and Lindberg have the best strength/weight balance. If you need lightweight, Silhouette makes some that aren't as strong as those, but are even lighter. They make more sense to use as glasses than sunglasses because the arms bend rather than fold.