or Connect

Posts by lambretta76

Not sure if I missed it but 20% to 30% off via coupon BIGEVENT14 at East Dane with minimum spends (starting at $250). Wolverine 1000 Miles Courtlands for $280 (among others).
To answer my own question, I saw on another forum that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers worked wonders. I tested this on one of the temple tips and it worked very well. Decided to bite the bullet and clean the whole frames this way and afterwards they looked clean but dull. Another forum recommended either baby oil or EVOO to shine them up. I opted for rice bran oil (I only had unfiltered EVOO) and well, they look good as new. (Well, almost -- the lenses are a different...
I'm having the same issues with my Persols. Found this over at Lifehacker, which recommends more or less sanding off the issues. Anyone tried that method, or is the soap and toothbrush method good enough?
I was in the same boat - 38 Slims were smaller than my 35 Straights in the Japan Super Heavies. They fit tight in the waist pre-soak, and I did a cold soak with a sheet tray (13x18") in the waist. It tightened up a bit (I could hear them straining on the sheet pan in the bath tub as they soaked) but after a day of wearing them post-soak the waist did stretch out probably to the pre-soak size. The most notable shrinking was in the inseams (about 2"), thighs (about 0.5"),...
Looks like it's these items: http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline?dept=hppnwwrm&gender=U&page=1&season=X&tp=11228 -- not a great sale.
Beginning Monday (12/23) Yoox will take 25% off via HOLIDAY25. Listed as "selection of can't miss items for men and women", so not sure if it will be a subset of items or the whole site.
Not the style I'm looking for, but Wolverine 1000 Mile Men's Rowan Leather Boots for $150 + $10 s&h at Rue La La.
Barneys Fall Designer Sale is live ...
Not the style I'm looking for, but Wolverine 1000 Mile Montgomery in black for $130 via CYBERSHOES at DSW in case anyone is interested.
 Yeah, by beater I mean boots I'm not going to mind wearing in the woods, garden, mud, snow, etc. but that also look somewhat classier than typical work boots (and can clean up reasonably well). I rather like the Chippewas and will be glad to have them in the rotation, but for my splurge boots I'm still gonna hold out for 1000 Miles or perhaps some Aldens. (I can wait a little longer for a good deal now that I've scored the Chippewas.)