or Connect

Posts by Shawnc

It was a really tough call but I ended up passing. They checked many boxes for me, whiskey, unicorn, etc. I loved that they were a unicorn but I didn't really love the shoe. It was the stitching across the top that I just couldn't get around.Not surprisingly they did not last long.
It's very tempting. My jcrew Captoe boots were delivered a month ago and my jcrew 975's yesterday so my plan was to stand down for a few. But I've also sold some ravello LWB's and Epaulet alt Wien's over the past two weeks so I've got a some 'shoe cash' available. It checks all the boxes for me so it is tempting. Hopefully someone will put me out of my misery and pull the trigger.
A few flaws and maybe a little pricey, but a compelling shoe in a makeup I've never seen..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/281313543676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Not exactly in the wild (I've only worn them twice) but here goes.......Pretty bad iPad camera but the color is close to a lighter alden cigar with green undertones. I'm a big Alden fan but I love how these have a slightly sleeker look, giving them a more dressy feel.
I've come around on leather soles but like you I prefer commando. The only LWB with commando I've seen is from Alden of Carmel. I believe they only have 2 or 3 sizes available and their website doesn't mention any new supply coming in. Good luck.
Just purchased my first pair of Carmina's (shell longwings) and I love them. I would be interested in the MTO shell option(s). Can someone tell me what was decided on and whether there are spots available? My apologies in advance as I have read the first 10 pages of the thread and couldn't find my answer.
Unfortunately with this shoe I am "married" to the antique edge, but thanks for the info.
Really enjoyed reading your journey. Thanks for posting.
Unless you're a detective, you missed you're calling (though for this crowd it probably wasn't that challenging of a riddle). The 9D is a good fit (no extra room) so if the Dover runs a little tight, these may work. I'll sit on it for a day or so and see how I feel on Monday. I think it's the last one available so who knows, someone else may make the decision for me.
Thanks Tif. I do recall seeing this and didn't make the connection. I think I missed it because I was star- struck by how absolutely stunning those Whiskey PTB's were. Without beating around the bush, the essence of my question is whether a 9E Dover will fit my normally 9D Barrie feet. Since these would be for casual wear and likely slightly thicker socks, it appears as though it might work. The question is whether I want to rill the dice.