or Connect

Posts by Shawnc

My point is kind of moot because of the carmina shortwings you sold me. They have definitely replaced my longwings as my suit go-to shoes. Thanks again.Whoa, amazing shoes Watchman1. What are the PTB's?
Really nice boots. And this guy's the real deal. Purchased carmina shortwings from him and it was a flawless transaction. Highly recommend this seller.
It's all relative. I really like the design of a longwing and my frame of reference are my Alden 975's. So yes, compared to those, I definitely consider the 532's to be sleek. Elegant might be overstating things to others, but it works for me It just so happens that I was cleaning my 532's up a little so I figured I'd post a shot of them.....I purchased these about a year ago because I was desperate for a pair of ravello longwings and none were available. These were as...
I am far from a cobbler (though my wife disputes that) but I have been dyeing my own shoes for a few years. The answer to the question of dyeing shell is nuanced. First, I don't know what vegetable dye even is and I have not been able to find any. My dye of choice has always been fieblings. Unless you're doing touch-ups, you always start by stripping as much gunk off as possible. Renomat is one of a few products that will work for this. Going from any color to black is...
I certainly don't share the opinion that your contributions aren't positive and I've got no interest in lecturing you. I would just point out that just because someone has a different viewpoint, or even one that you know to be incorrect, it doesn't make it BS. From where I sit, you seem to be quite knowledgable and my guess is that there are many like me who visit this site in part to benefit from that knowledge.The one thing I've noticed is that your comments can...
Appreciate the info and clarification ross. I do understand that the sizing is the same but I think your explanation nailed it for me. I've never been much of an Indy guy and I think it's more due to the Trubalance last. As you indicate, it's a last with more of an orthopedic look/feel to it. This whole situation came about because I'm sizing down and I've sold four color 8's over the past month. I'm not replacing all four but plan on replacing 2. I think I got in on the...
The consensus definitely seems to be Trubalance. Much thanks guys.carson - I just picked up the perf cap's but the tankers were at the top of my list of the 3 I'm eyeing up. Unfortunately I would be in the same situation as with the jcrew indy's since they are also on Trubalance. They are absolutely stunning boots and I doubt that you will have much trouble moving them.
I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets.  A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too...
Just a matter of taste and personal preference. IMHO, no one finishes shell like Alden. Having said that, I've got roughly 15 pair of Alden shells and outside of boots, my favorite shoes are my Carmina Cognac 532's. The last is sleek and elegant. It is the onlt longwing I would wear with a suit. The finish on the 922's is very close to my Aldens. There's a place for both and my eyes are definitely open to Carmina's.
Just got these back from Allison. Not great but much better. Still deathly afraid to wipe down. I'll just wear them and see how it goes.Lesson learned.