hi  i am new to site and have just recently acquired some shirts from that period and would like to ask,  the correct name terminology for the small piece of material that is attached to both collars. with a press stud fastener connecting the two, and what is its real function is it for keeping your tie in place ? forgive me if i sound a bit naive but that are seldom seen these days thank you regards