or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

The one (big) advantage of MTM is that it acts as an effective bridge between RTW and bespoke. As most SR firms would wish to convert customers to their premium bespoke offering, MTM can act as a viable stepping stone, reducing churn and helping the customers 'age in place'. I imagine that most reputable RTW factories can accommodate MTM orders as well, so if one can do RTW, MTM should be an easy addition to the portfolio.
More fodder for the Gieves haters (via the LL): Gieves & Hawkes takes Savile Row global: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/executive-living/luxury/gieves-hawkes-takes-savile-row-global/story-e6frg8io-1226846729102
Thanks. What SR brand sold that coat?As an aside, most SR tailors get there RTW stuff made at Cheshire / Chester Barrie. One wonders why Chester Barrie itself never tried to become more of a standalone menswear brand. I remember them hiring Sexton for a RTW roll-out in London a few years ago.
Anyone with even a passing familiarity with men's bespoke and genuine haute couture will know that I'm not the one being ridiculous here. Top bespoke comes nowhere close to haute couture levels of workmanship. And, just to be clear, I'm not referring to any designer brand that throws the word couture on a cocktail dress.On second thought, stick to your "100% no", "lolwut" responses - they were more instructive.
That actually looks quite good (save the low buttoning pt). Are you carrying your shoes because it was hard to fit in a whole body shot? If so, I applaud your commitment to the iGent cause.
Try typing a complete sentence - this isn't the NMWA thread where typing like a 11-yr old is encouraged.And, yes - haute couture pieces have a ridiculous amount of workmanship (far, far above a men's bespoke suit) - there's a reason that most sell for $50K-$100K.
Yes, it's good, hardy cloth - nothing fancy, similar in spirit to Dugdales. Sometimes also sold under the Groves & Lindley banner.
I don't believe SR has to be that one-dimensional though. If they can preserve, and perhaps feed off the marquee bespoke offering, I don't see why high quality RTW can't make a real impact in the menswear market.Many of the big, prestigious luxury brands did also start off as haute couture shops (boasting prices, and workmanship, that would put any bespoke suit to shame).
I agree w/ some of the above:1. Re: Hermes, while they do offer bespoke products (clothing, leather etc.), it comprises a very very small portion of their top-line. And that was kinda my point - it may not comprise much, but the majority of their RTW offerings haven't been substantially diluted (i.e. still made to a very high standard forgiving the silly cufflinks, H-belts etc.)2. Huntsman has had RTW for awhile, but it has never been successful (If the Richard Anderson...
Is that the one from 4-5 years ago? I have all the episodes saved on a zip file. If someone can teach me how to link those, I'll happily throw them up here.