or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

David - did RJ offer a bespoke offering continuously since the firm's inception? Or was it first RTW/MTM, and then a subsequent move into bespoke?
In related news, Andersons is opening an online shop for their haberdashery. Focused on accessories and trousers.
If Greg is unable to convince Fox to do this, we cold try and cobble together a 60m order and get the flannel from M&E: http://www.marlingandevansltd.co.uk/collections/flannels/flannels.html#expanded
^ Holdfast: my understanding was that E&R, despite its well-regarded bespoke operation, makes the majority of its income from rentals and not its RTW offerings. Am I mistaken? Their RTW suit selection has always struck me as a bit dated. FWIW, I always loved stopping by their store off SR. It has always reminded me of Budd, where all sorts of interesting accessories can be found.
+10 - sadly, the same experience here. I love Mina and Dino - great, great people and I wish them the best. I have several garments from them (placed my first order in early 2011), but sadly, every item comes out a bit different than the last one. It is frustrating, and I hope they work out this issue.
My understanding is that they provide steady dividend income to their owners, but we're not talking about Brioni's 35% EBITDA margins here. This is undoubtedly just conjecture, but it's what I've gleaned from conversations with a few people, incl. a famous shoemaker who is very friendly w/ all the tailors.
Something just a tad darker / browner that this would be perfect.
+100Hoping for a rent cap is hardly a viable business strategy. To echo LA Guy, I'm not certain why a model anchored by traditional bespoke, but with RTW/MTM clothing and accessories providing growth isn't a pragmatic way forward?I think Holdfast makes some excellent points - the advantages inherent to the old couture houses, the inertia amongst SR owners, etc, but I think at some point a mixture of new blood and economic necessity will push people forward.Btw, interesting...
Off the top off my head, maybe 60% or so.So - RTW: $2K, MTM: $3K, Bespoke: $5KJust spit balling here, I'm no expert on pricingI'm not sure I agree entirely. I have no doubt there are quite a few customers as you describe, but from my own set of friends on Wall Street there are several who buy expensive RTW ($2-$2.5K), are enamoured of Savile Row, but balk at paying double the price.Thus, if there was a MTM offering by a SR brand that could partly introduce them to a better...
Sure, I don't doubt that is Huntsman's intention / vision. I just meant it in terms of business strategy - having an MTM product could allow you to hold unto your existing RTW customers, given the jump in price (and process) to bespoke.Huntsman's current RTW collection certainly reminds me more of Tom Ford than Savile Row.