or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Right, my point exactly - that's Rubi - Liverano - Camps - Cifo - Huntsman - Logsdail, with the vast majority being 20-30% cheaper (Corvato, Nicolosi, Despos, etc. are all closer to $4.5-$5K). Both the Milanese and Roman Caraceni are about 4,000 euros.Unless your argument is that A&S, Caraceni, Knize, Formosa, Despos, Dege, R. Anderson etc. etc. are 'less comparable shops.' Simply put, Rubi is firmly ensconced in the 95th percentile (in terms of price). Nothing wrong with...
I've heard Rubi clients say this often, but it's just not true. Outside of the French tailors, who have always been uber-expensive, Rubi still charges a fair premium to Savile Row firms (save Huntsman) and other top Italian tailors.I don't begrudge your decision to go with them - I think they've served you very well. But they certainly are more expensive than the vast majority of other 'top tailors'.
^ Foo: no Geneva?
Grandi & Rubinelli is the pro pick. Fwiw, I like Alumo 120s.
Interesting thread - good to have honest feedback.
I have used both Solbiati and W. Bill, and been happy w/ both.
Very nice, Slew.
While I agree with Slew that simply copying someone else's designs is wrong (and I am certainly opposed to emailing Lovat an existing LL reproduction and asking them to just copy that at a lower cost), it's worth nothing that the majority of LL cloths are simply reissues of existing Lovat designs that sell for 35 gbp / meter. A friend visited the Lovat mill and sent me pics of several of their stock cloths. Lo and behold, the much vaunted LL Agnelli tweed, first issued in...
As always, ignore GBR for the sake of your own sanity.Mr. Guy is a well known streetwear brand w/ limited distribution. Typically hard to find stateside. If you like the item, and it's from a well-rated seller allowing returns, go for it. You prob won't run into it again.