or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Well-regarded Neapolitan tailor Solito (more specifically, Luigi Solito, the son and apparent heir) showed up in NYC with trousermaker-extraordinaire, Salvatore Ambrosi, took a bunch of bespoke orders with the promise of follow-on visits for fittings and the like, and then simply disappeared. Those who could contact him were always promised a forthcoming visit, but those materialized very infrequently (I think only 2 since his initial visit in 2008). Ambrosi was a bit...
Nice stuff at the trunkshow, Greg. I was very tempted by the navy Mackintosh.
Sator was an (in)famous SF member, who advocated (very) heavy cloths for every conceivable occasion. He claimed to wear 16oz. suitings to the beach, and purported that heavier cloths were actually more cooling.Legend.
I don't wear the coat in my office, and I never feel much on my legs.
^ The 17oz. Fox is great - I have two pairs of trousers made up in the light grey, and they are superstars.
Looks lovely, but isn't that breast patch kinda big?
Thanks. I'd say the vast majority are from Geneva in NY, and a couple each from NSM, Harvie & Hudson and Ercole.
I have about 40-50 dress shirts, and 5-7 casual shirts. All are bespoke and fit well despite some fraying, so there is no cause to edit. I continue to add about 5-6 new shirts annually,
Those are both def suitings - I would be hesitant to get those as sportcoats.
Very fair price - you can put me down for a trouser length!