or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Please keep us updated if you find a source - that looks very nice.
I can back up the OPs claim - their customer service is quite weak. Took me 4-6 weeks to get a refund after sending them numerous emails.
I'm tempted to say that the cloth below is a jacketing, but upon further reflection, I think it could work as a suiting as well - thoughts? http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/477/worsted-flannel/charcoal-prince-of-wales-check
Haha. To be clear, I was referring to a 30oz. monster that Hunstman had commissioned from Islay which they had much trouble selling.I was referring to the stock Islay tweeds on their website which are quite good.
Not sure what you mean - Islay tweed is still made and is outstanding stuff (Huntsman's house tweeds are made by Islay). Do you dislike it?I believe Baby White is simply the brand name - the fabric comes in a variety of traditional colors.
A tailor just emailed saying they've received the last few pieces of W. Bill's fabled "Baby White Cashmere" sportcoatings made on "old Dob cross looms". Anyone ever heard of this cloth?
If it's a dark eggplant color, it would look quite good. The Molloy one above is not to my taste at all. Very Joker-ish.
I'll snap one later tonight.
^ I have that blue Molloy donegal - it's very very thick (even 18oz. Harris is slim by comparison) - def only for coats.
+1