or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

I don't disagree with the broad strokes here, but I do believe you are misinterpreting dieworkwear's msg on Paone's schedule. I don't believe, after having exchanged a few emails w/ Paone's son, that they won't follow-up with recurring visits. In fact, Andrea explicitly mentioned that they would only come early next year if they were committed to at least a 3x annual turn.I think die-ww was simply saying that he would hardly have the Paones commit to a multi-year schedule,...
What approach is that? One that involves him taking a long flight, meeting new people, taking initial orders that may not be of oligarchic proportions, and following-up accordingly. How in the world does that strike you as idiotic??What led to Solito and Ambrosi's 'downfall' had more to do with their dishonesty than anything else. You, of the 'my former Facebook friend has cheated me' posts, should know that.
I believe he's going to SF though...
Yeah, so? If your contention is simply that recurring clients are better than 'samplers', then thanks for stating the obvious.The point I was making was that every traveling tailor deals with this very issue, but they continue to travel (often increasing the frequency of their trips), thereby implying that they're still doing a good business despite the high churn.So, yes - dieworkwear may order only 3-4 coats over 2-3 years, but that doesn't mean its not worthwhile for...
Solito was hardly a 'deal' of any sort - he predated NSM, and Rubi came to town infrewuently. For Neapolitan tailoring, Solito was essentially the only game in town (save the guy who came with Scafora, who was more MTM).
You do realize this is true of most customers that deal with traveling SR tailors, right? Churn is always high, orders from old customers grow somewhat infrequent as their wardrobes expand, but that doesn't mean they haven't built a sustainable business with overall volumes increasing.
One can hope - he still has my overcoat!
Is kolecho the last pic? I'm not seeing the collapse.
^ Those shoulders look like trouble for his tailor.
Yup, exactly.