or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Can someone pls comment on the sizing of Eido's knitwear? Would a 40" chest, but with a 31" waist, be better suited for a M or L? Typically, I'd go with a M, but I remember hearing that Eidos ran small.
Stopped by the MontBlanc store earlier today. Both their Villeret 1858 Pulsographe and the Heritage Pulsograph are INSANE!! The black baked enamel dial on the Villeret is a sight to behold. And the back is second only to the Datograph imo. Pic from Hodinkee:
Richard Lange without a doubt
Yes, exactly - just one-room.
Really depends on the tailor. Manton is right in pointing out that most tailors opt for the one-bedroom suite (with the bedroom acting as the changing room), but fancy-shmancy places like A&S opt for a two-bedroom suite at the Carlyle, while smaller operations like Karl Matthews and W&J for a simple one-bed.Given that Paone is still a fledging operation, I would recommend a basic one-bed. I don't think any of his clients would mind / care.
For overcoats, W. Bill and Harrison's both have excellent camel hairs. Not easy / economical to purchase as a retail customer though.
I think he meant the length of the coat itself.I typically get SCs mildly shorter.
Nice. The Waldorf and the Barclay Intercontinental are the two most popular outposts for tailors visiting NYC. Smaller operations, like Steed (and Paone), opt for more economical Midtown locations like the Affinia 50 and the Kimberley. The Hilton on 54th / Sixth is also massive and pretty well-priced for a hotel in that prime location. Frankly, I think he'll be fine as long as he ensures he's well located in Midtown.
Thanks, gopherblue - that would be very helpful.
Can anyone help / comment on the above?