or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Can tailors simply meet clients once or twice and discern quickly who is but a sampler of their services, but Foo's fidelity and noble purpose is evident for all to see from the start?This sad snobbishness centered on sticking but with one tailor that is perpetuated by some on this board is borderline absurd.
This +100
For someone who has used only one tailor, one (now two) shirtmaker, one brand / style of shoe, you seem to have very definitive and opinionated views on everything. I won't even get into the whole 'I send an email, and get a finished suit in the mail' business.It's laughable that you look down on unbel because he's used 'too many' tailors, while your fidelity with a quasi mail-order service somehow makes you worthy of respect.
For sale is a heavy, lined five-fold tie from Mimmo Spano (former bespoke tailor at Saks, now running his own shop on 57th street). Tie originally retailed for $165. The tie has been worn no more than 4-5 times and is in as-new condition. Price includes CONUS shipping. GC
I don't doubt Rubi's flexibility relative to other N tailors, nor the risks inherent to dealing with a start-up firm, but it must be said this is a very poor, tasteless response from Luca.
I'm sure the House of Rubi will be just fine, and I'm equally sure that Gennaro is a top notch cutter and there is little risk of him running away with someone's $$$. FWIW, when I met with Luca a few months ago, he also did mention Andrea as the 'lead' cutter for my order (his words, not mine).I don't find that surprising at all. E.g. - A&S is horrible, but Steed is amazing. Huntsman is a glorified RTW seller, but Richard Anderson is the shit. If Suzuki ever starts making...
Do Streetwear members not realize what a 'circle' is?
+1 - seriously, what kind of an iGent are you?I've made a ton of frivolous #menswear purchases in my life, but even I go at the notion of buying $12K+ glasses!!
You were right to extend the points, but I fear the S-shaped collar on the right might look a bit gullwing-ish when completed.
+10 - I've needled dieworkwear in the past on his efforts to bring more tailors to SF, but I agree with the notion that as hobbyists we are entitled to our curiosity. While subsequent garments do get marginally better by virtue of sticking with the same tailor, it's worth noting that not very tailor can knock out a different style.I use multiple tailors because I enjoy different styles and see no reason for fidelity for the sake of fidelity. My summer suits and tweed...