or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/01/row-opportunity-part-1.html http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/01/row-opportunity-part-2.html A very well-written piece, and I'd be curious to have a discussion around this. Let's save the knee-jerk iGent reaction of an indignant harrumph for our cousins over at the LL, and discuss how SR can produce global brands that compete against the likes of Brioni, Zegna etc. These business cannot simply be preserved in aspic, and it...
I do prefer unbel's idea of a light tan, especially if it's brought to life as a melange of brown and grey. A donkey, while nice, wouldn't be nearly as useful for a pair of odd trousers.
+1
+1.Like others, I've bought some beautiful 10-12oz. Italian flannels in the past, but they certainly don't hold their shape like the heavier stuff. For trousers, a lightweight flannel would be awful.
I would be v. interested as well (provided we choose a 15oz.+ weight for the flannel trousering).
FWIW, I have several suits from KH&L, and the output / style certainly varies depending on the cutter you have.John Kent cuts a suit that's quite close to the body with a slightly extended shoulder and no flare to the skirt.Terry Haste is pretty darn close to the Huntsman cut as I imagine it - long, lean, flared skirt, not much in the shoulders. I also walked into Dege about 2 years ago wearing a coat cut by Terry, and Nicholas De'ath (one of their sr. cutters) guessed it...
Those must be incl. VAT - I just picked up a suit in Smith's Gilt Edge last week, which I was told was slightly mor eexpensive than their standard cloth. I paid a bit more than 2.4K.
Close - about 2,500 GBP excl. VAT - a good 700 GBP cheaper.
I was in London last week - Peter Smith was no where to be seen at Huntsman. Where there's smoke... Btw, unlike Richard Anderson, why is there little love among ex-Huntsman clients for Terry Haste at KH&L? Seems like a good option for a Huntsman-style suit at a substantially lower price than Richard Anderson.
^ That tweed is pretty great. Are the pockets flapped patch w/ 2-buttons? Never seen that style before.