or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Note that InTweed simply re-sells lengths from mills at a premium. It's a nice service, but cheaper / easier to go to the source.For example, some of the green tweeds referenced above are from Islay Woolen Mill. Glenlyon also has some beautiful green tweeds.
So true. As much as I love the G-Wagon, it's an absolute pain to actually drive.
Love the RR, but the G would be my choice by a country mile!
Speaking of underrated manufactures! Love Grand Seiko, and their 62GS models from Basel '15 are stunning.
Love JLC, and would happily blow past the $15K barrier for pieces like the Reverso 1931 Center Seconds or the Duometre Lunaire. The best value, high-end manufacture.
I would go with the classic configuration:Coat: Peak-lapels with belly, besom pockets, no vents, grosgrain facings (cloth should be a 10-11oz. black or midnight blue in a wool / mohair mix)Vest: Low-cut single or double-breasted, preferably a horseshoeTrousers: Single-forward pleats, grosgrain stripes, no cuffs, cut to wear with braces
2-3x if I'm lucky. Despite that modest usage, I've never regretted the fact that I went bespoke on the tux.
Their Villeret pieces certainly incorporate the Minerva heritage, but the MB branding may be off-putting to some collectors. The Villerets are expensive but still very well priced given the quality of the pieces.
Horses for courses I guess. The whole 'movement too small for the case' thing is often used as a blanket reason to denigrate a watch. I like to evaluate pieces on a one-off basis, and I frankly believe the MB perp still looks quite smart.Never quite understood the TWAT focus on resale value. It has never figured into my thinking as I don't trade watches like baseball cards. I buy selectively and keep what I buy, but perhaps that's unusual in this hobby.
While I broadly agree, I do appreciate their willingness to upend the somewhat ridiculous pricing structure of their Swiss brethren. A perp calendar for $12K (with an in-house movement) is to be applauded.Their Villeret pieces, especially the Pulsograph and the enamel Chrono, are very very very nice