or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Does anyone know if there's much room to negotiate on price when buying a watch directly from an independent? A friend is looking to purchase something from Urban Jurgensen, and is dealing directly with the factory itself. He's hoping to get them to knock off 5-10% off the list, but is hesitant to ask. I know some people on TZ and the like contend that it's standard practice, but curious to hear any opinions?
Cant be that hard to find another stockist with the Exp II available.
Found this swatch of a beautiful brown herringbone tweed amongst my (massive) pile of swatches. I'd like to order some, but cannot seem to place the source. Any chance any of you may recognize the reference code and point me towards the right merchant?
Anyone know when Chopard is releasing the new Berthoud range of watches? Supposedly a step up from LUC, which should place them in the Patek / Lange field.
^ Will the boots require a hook to take on/off?
My GF quadruple tourbillion says, "Suck it, plebs!"
What's the deal w/ importing Rolexes into the U.S.? - think I read somewhere that it was now ok to do so. Anyone know?
^ It's standard practice amongst Italian tailors, and (I'm told) is primarily due to the fact that none of their local customers go belt-less. It's something that bugs me as well.
Formosa via NMWA - I believe trousers are about $600.Never tried Gilberto, sorry.
I do like the Grand Seiko SD with the snowflake dial as well, but it's certainly a different look from the Tuna,