or Connect

Posts by Grammaton Cleric

Queueing angry, long-winded response from Foo...
Thanks, Ivan - a great read
+1
I asked a buddy of mine who used to be a Green Beret a question on this awhile back. He said 90% of SpecOps wore G-Shocks.
Yeah, ok. I think it's safe to say any wool overcoating will be lacking in single digit F weather. But, by and large, a 20oz. wool / cashmere blend will be fine for northeastern winters. If you're going for 100% wool, I would maybe go up to a 23-25oz. weight.
Yup - the blend should be fine.
I've placed 20+ CMT orders with several English and Italian tailors and never had trouble with 2m for a coat (nearly always patterned tweed with patch pockets) and 1.5m for a pair of (high-rise, cuffed) trousers. And, as I mentioned, I'm a fairly large guy myself.I understand the need to be conservative but I do think you're ordering more than you need.
Yikes! I'm not a small guy myself and have never bought more than 3.5m for a two-piece or an DB knee-length overcoat.
Ha, that's the only one I dislike. The white is ok, but the black is quite nice.
I do wish they made a SS version. Sadly, everything in WG / RG appears to be north of $15K these days.