or Connect

Posts by mezentius

@mimo Oh man, you're way too good at this enabling business. Last time you did this I walked away with the JLC MUT with the small seconds (which is also why I'm reluctant to go the "boring" route - have my favourite one of those already)...as it stands, the second Breguet classique (5277, apparently) looks the most promising - plain enough to be a dress watch, but the guilloche dial and the minor complications balance out the space left by the thin hands and numerals. Or...
Ah yes, I meant "standard" more in terms of "the usual suspects", and by "average" I mean the canonical dress watch design. No disrespects meant, of course. In fact, the original plan was to purchase something from the big-name brands (probably a Lange), but the dealer we went to being an AD for Journe threw a wrench in the works.  Mimo, RG was less expensive than the WG or platinum, but it's a minor point - we're not particularly inclined towards any particular metal;...
 Aye, so more on the dressy side, minimal complications, probably rose gold (we like both, but rose is cheaper) =<40 mm, as it's probably going to be one of those pieces which gets handed down. The budget is around that - we were looking at the standard Pateks, Vacherons and Langes, but the Journe really did stand out from your average dress watch without being too flamboyant.
Hi gents, quick question - what are alternatives to an entry-level Journe? I'm not familiar at all with the top end...
I'm in a similar situation with my stock of cbd shoes, and my ideal next addition would be an Adelaide, but in a deep burgundy.
I had a pair which looked like yours when worn. I sized down half a size and immediately felt better.
Ahh, looks like I'll just have to live vicariously through your pictures then! (Not that I'm complaining...)
What's there to do for a casual visitor at pitti? I'll be holidaying in Italy at that time - is it worth a visit?
The first objective of a jacket is to accentuate the v shape of broad shoulders tapering down. This is done by the v of the opening down to the button point and the outer edges of the lapel forming a more open v. The cut suffers from the standard problems of modern styling - the button point is too high and the length is too short, cutting off the v before it reaches proportionality with the lower body; the lapels are too thin, making the v seem less angled than it...
Apart from general considerations on cut and fit, there is a distinct mismatch between top and bottom. Top is monochrome and businesslike, bottom is bright and saturated. The severity and the block contrast cuts you in half. Keeping the bottom constant,I would try something like a cream jacket with a suitably summery tie (perhaps orange); keeping the top constant I would use something more neutral, like chocolate brown trousers. Someone link the man that city and country...