or Connect

Posts by Turner

Giving the Slubby Indigo Chambray the 1st wash:
Maybe I should keep the collar for some kind of Boardwalk Empire themed party. I will have the collar changed, since I intended to wear the shirt w/o sport coat or tie. But you're right, there's some use for that kind of collar. I am really thinking about getting a similar collar for my wedding in May. Some kind of white GR dobby, this collar with a bit more spread and 2 cm shorter points, convertible cuffs like clapeyron showed last year (I don't like french cuffs) under...
 Of course you can get e.g. handstitched shoulder seams. They are 20 $ according to Ashish, he was so generous to offer me these at no extra charge. Really well made, I will order them more often. The shirts I've got:  Green Oxford Gingham and Slubby Chambray. The Chambray is with a slightly smaller One-Piece-Collar #7921 (points and band 0.5 cm smaller):  The handmade shoulder seams, very very subtle shirring:    The Green Gingham Oxford is also very nice, prominent...
 Yeah, of course it's just showing off - cars are penis extentions and your GL or whichever pensioner vehicle your going to get or currently whining about ist quite a big one. My car is a smaller one, because my dick is probably smaller. And of course you guys in the US can't go fast, because of... well you know - showing off the biggus dickus and small cars. Or was it the other way? Not important, everyone knows. Oh, all the dicks and cars...
Did you choose the handfinish option since your shoulders look like hand-stitched? Nice shirt!
Your welcome to interpret my posts in every way you like, but you might realize that:- writing about commuting doesn't mean I'm sitting the rest of my day in my chair?- writing about work-related driving doesn't mean I'm only driving a bike in the rest of my time?- that moving a car in relatively dense autobahn traffic in a range of 160-250 km/h with constantly accelerating and breaking is probably quite a bit more of stress for the powertrain than constantly moving the...
My way from home to work is a 27 km journey which goes through a little city and about 20 km over some kind of highway, which isn't limited for about 12 km or so. Since I depart at seven in the morning and between 6 and 8 o'clock in the evening, most of the time I have the chance to push my car to 250 km/h until someone is pulling to the left lane. Traveling at that speed isn't making so much difference timewise. So why I am doing this? Because I can! Sometimes I am in the...
I'm traveling fairly often from the Frankfurt area to Munich and the alps, which is about a 400-450 km journey I'm doing in 2,5-4 hrs. depending on the destination and traffic. Of course even the autobahns are not unlimited everywhere, but there are several 15-30 km sections which are. The rest is limited at 120/130 km/h, which you're driving with 140-160 km/h or more, if you dare (or happen to have a diplomatic plate).
Re BMW S65: This engine was/is notorious among the BMW testbed operators for Noise, Vibration and Harshness issues. When implementing the dynos I learned their vibrations were so strong that the bearings of the latest generation AVL high dynamic engine testbeds were reglarily overheating. My BMW salesperson told me later, that his dealership alone had to replace three or for engines after the initial release. This is probably a minor issue for you guys in the US who...
Weird enough, I still find that fabric when searching for "green oxford gingham". Unfortunately the collar is no-NOBD.     I have a Salvatore Piccolo shirt, which is most probably made in the Grandi & Rubinelli Navy Gingham Oxford, and it's close to perfection - color, texture, size of the squares, feel. Just saying...