or Connect

Posts by kresso

I have been looking at Thrift stores because I can't find any clothing that fits me well.  Sorry if I said only at the thrift store, I meant that is where I have been looking lately.  Also I live in a small midwestern town so I don't have a ton of options too close and even when I was in a Chicago Brooks Brothers, I didn't seem to find anything that fit really well (granted I only went there once and didn't look at any other stores).  Most of their suits seemed expensive...
That is a great idea.  You are pure genius!  
I am wondering if asking Luxire to do an interview suit for me would be a good idea (I have no well fitting suits or shirts currently).  I am currently a PhD student and will be graduating in December and will not be going into acedemia and also don't know why types of industry I will be applying in so I want to be generally prepared.  I have been going to the thrift stores and haven't been able to find a suit that fits me.  I am 6'3" tall, 38" chest with a 34" waist...
mimo,   Thanks a ton for your input.  That really helped a lot.  I will check out thetiebar for to get some ties really quick to replace my polyester collection and try and learn more about ties.  Thanks for your suggestions on what to get for my core collection, that helps a TON.
Thanks!  I appreciate your thoughts.  I will certainly have to look into getting some new ties.  At least I can salvage one. 
Most of my ties are polyester.  They are all ties I bought in Honduras about 10 years ago and were purchased as a 20 year old with no sense of style, in fact I was mostly trying to get old polyester and the only two silk ties I have were given to me.    The ties on the left are all polylester.  The right top is a hand woven wool tie, and the bottom two on the right are silk.  So I have a couple of questions.   1.  Are any of these appropriate for a job...
Thanks!  I think I will get one of the MTM shirts and then have her take it apart to get a good pattern.  I will certainly check out more info about roll of collars on the forms.  Thanks again!
I am looking for a sewing pattern for a OCBD that looks good.  My wife sews as a hobby and said she would try to make one, and I am trying to get my mother (was a professional seamstress but stopped professionally over 15 years ago) to make me one as well.  This is just going to be an experiment and I am wondering if anyone else has sewed one before, or had a family member make them one.  I have checked out the "Shirtmaking" book by David Coffin but my wife would like to...
I am a 28 year old PhD student in Particle Physics and hoping to graduate at the end of this year.  I found this site after looking for what type of clothing to wear for interviews and in my potential employment, and in general to not look like a slob.  My only nice clothing is a Bespoke 3 button cashmere suit with an olive vest that I had made for me in Honduras over 9 years ago but sad for me I was only 150 lbs then and am 170 now so the pants don't button.  I have two...