or Connect

Posts by dugdalesghost

Thanks, Newcomer. Those are great suggestions. I agree that bringing the suit along and nudging, rather than going whole hog, is the right way to go. The dress change option might work, too.   I typically spend a fair amount on quality dress shoes for myself (classic black pumps, that sort of thing), and am totally willing to spend the same or more on him. Anything up to about the 600 dollar range would be fine, as he really does need them (we have a lot of other...
Thanks also for the Chelsea boot suggestions! He prefers boots, and I think he would definitely go for a nice pair if he tried them on.
  +1. My wedding dress, while beautiful, doesn't really express who and what I am either, and I hate that so many brides think that wedding dresses need to do so. It's beautifully made, appropriate for the occasion, and suits my body type, which is more than enough. It's just a dress.   Honestly, if my wedding was really an expression of who I am, we would have eloped. Oh well. Despite our sartorial differences, I love my guy to bits and would still marry him if he were...
Thanks for your replies. I'm relieved that you don't think I'm being unreasonable.   Newcomer, I agree that the burgundy/brightly coloured shirt issue is the main concern. Unfortunately, I think that he will be more reluctant to give that idea up than wear a tie or buy new shoes. I like your idea of making it about him, though, and taking him somewhere nice to try a few things on. I really don't want to hurt his feelings any more than they already have been, and...
So, my fiance and I are getting married in a few of months. We're having a smallish (65 guests) evening ceremony and dinner/dancing at a local restaurant, which we are renting out for the night.   My fiance and I have been at odds about his attire since day one, unfortunately. First, he wanted to wear morning dress to the (fairly informal, evening) wedding, which I thought would not be appropriate. Then he bought an awful suit at Tip Top Tailors (the Canadian version...
Hi all,   I'm a 29 year old woman from the west coast who loves stylish, well-cut, quality womenswear. My soon-to-be husband (31, 5'11/160lbs) works in a casual office, and wants to update his wardrobe (which until recently exclusively consisted of band tees and hoodies, cheap, ill-fitting chinos, and work boots). In the past year, at my suggestion he bought a few more polished pieces from JCrew and Club Monaco, which he loves. He's asked me for guidance (he hates to...