or Connect

Posts by NickInTO

Thanks guys.   I'm tall and skinny, so I ordered the slim fit, but I sized up to a 33 (instead of the usual 32).   TO Tie Guy - I also use Magic Tailor. I've always been satisfied by the work, although sometimes the wait time to get stuff done is a bit long.
Ha, your better half's better half.I'm looking forward to the trousers. I'm just concerned that they might be too short to get a 2" cuff, or even a faux-cuff.
Really nice, TRINI. I hope it's fair to assume you're Trinidadian? My parents are as well. I'm headed there for a week next Thursday.   Also, anyone have experience with Spier and MacKay trousers? Ordered the camel and grey flannels tonight. Figured for $60, it was worth a shot.
I've been meaning to check out Spier & MacKay for a while, and finally ordered the medium grey and camel flannel trousers. First of all, they seem like a steal at $59 if they fit well. But also, with the Canadian dollar tanking, I thought it would be nice to find a good retailer that prices in Canadian dollars. With the loonie now worth only slightly more than Monopoly money, ordering from U.S.-based stores will be severely curbed.   I'm excited to try them out, and will...
I live in the Annex and work near Queen-Spadina. 9 minute bike ride, 20 minute TTC commute. I grew up in Ajax, and can't imagine commuting from there to downtown every day. But I also have no kids or need for a lot of space or a yard.
 It's probably not done dropping yet, if the FX people I've spoken with today are to be believed. Makes it difficult to order from U.S. stores when you're paying a 20% currency tax.
 1. Yes, you get 10% off, plus VAT deducted. But shipping is 10 pounds. 2. I've received my things very quickly - arriving at my door in Toronto a week after ordering.
 I grabbed all I could that didn't have runs, with plans to sell them. But then I figured, when am I ever going to get 3 Drake's ties for less than $100 CAD? So I kept them all.
If you were wondering where all of those Drake's ties from Holt's went (that's not me, by the way)...   http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/firstladyofsong?_nkw=drakes&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&rmvSB=true
GotStyle in Toronto doing an extra 20% off sale merchandise, some Eidos stuff:   http://shop.gotstyle.ca/eidos-napoli/f/   If you're in the U.S., you can take another 15% or so off because of the currency. But there's 13% sales tax in Ontario.