or Connect

Posts by lukejackson

I like the first one, but if you have a darker complexion the second one would be a nice GTH option.    I think the first one is Derek Rose right?   I actually like this one:   http://www.derek-rose.com/nightwear/mens-nightwear/mens-dressing-gowns/lingfield-blue-dressing-gown.html. Feels nice and summery; for some reason I always think more about wearing one in the morning if it is summer.   I kind of like their old school pyjamas too.    I can just picture...
I won't be ordering for a while for a number of reasons, but this collar on this popover would be awesome to replicate:     Looks a lot like the NOBD. I like the lack of placket and buttons also.   Pic from Lunedi bespoke shirts.   In another iteration:  
I hate that look too. Reminds me of a bad tarocash or yd. shirt. Also the 'meticulously rolled sleeves'.  The blue shirt does look better I reckon, but I still prefer no darts. One last note on the Middle East, @Journeyman , I agree, if Israel wasn't even an issue, conflict would still exist. I really understand why people take Arabic studies, there is just so many interesting factors at play.  On another note, has anyone watched Inherent Vice? Pretty good flick. I haven't...
 That's right. I'm not exactly one of those white guys handing out food to starving children on the front lines while romancing visiting journalists though (well, maybe just a few, there are a lot based here). I'm in Amman so it's pretty cushy, pay isn't great as it is an entry-level position, but a few years down the track it should pay off in terms of more job satisfaction, opportunities, interesting work, travel and money. 
 Yeah that's it. Though Da'ish (pronounced pretty much as dash here, at least) is seen as quite a destructive and threatening force here. The word is an acronym, but has some sort of negative connotation (I don't really understand if it is through the letters or word itself, but something to do with trampling/stepping on). Not just be Jordan, but Lebanon is quite worried too. In terms of the last 25 odd years of instability, I think they are just a frighteningly new level...
ooops. I copy and pasted that in, sorry. Wrote it on word. Da'ish is ISIS/ISIL. Just googled and in English it is Daesh. Sorry. Everyone calls them that hear and I was under the impression it was the same now in Australia? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-07/islamic-state-terrorist-groups-varied-monikers/5797028
sorry for the long post....I'm actually at work and procrastinating by writing about work.   Also, one interesting thing; the  majority of expats have little interaction with Jordanians. Those that do, generally have Jordanian friends who studied overseas/worked overseas etc. I have a bunch of Jordanian friends who have had little interaction with expats and are generally more in tune with the inner workings of the place. It's pretty interesting and some of the stuff...
Yes, Jordan has a good history with Palestinian refugees. I’m not sure of the percentages, but virtually every second person I’ve met here has a Palestinian background. There is no animosity between Palestine and Jordanians that I have encountered, that is, on a day to day basis. There was Black September, a civil war in the 70s between the PLO and the Jordanian army. After this, a lot of citizens were put on the government payroll as, effectively spies, and even now...
Iso, I think he was referring to depression as a disease. 
Yeah they are treated fairly well in most respects. I have been to the camps a few times.  I will be going frequently soon. Of course, there is a bit of occasional animosity between refugees and locals. In the area I live in (a nice suburb in the capital) rent has risen a fair bit due to well of Syrians/Iraqis renting here.  I think there is more animosity towards African refugees/the African population here, though the media here is by no means free so you don't hear...