or Connect

Posts by AAJJLLPP

You must also consider that the sweat from your foot is largely in a vapourous state. When water is a vapour it will pass through the pores of the leather much more easily. So the submerging a cork innersole comparison is not very relevant. Just think of gore-tex, it is tested by submerging it in water for 24 hours, and it does not leak, yet the tiny pores in gore-tex allow water vapour to pass through quite easily. Just my 2¢.
 Just looked up the water resistant cream. He links to this on his website http://oldleathershoe.com/wordpress/?p=1476 . Its an interesting read, the cream water proofs the shoes without relying on heavy oils, waxes, or silicone. Instead uses sodium bentonite which absorbs many times its weight in water and expands to repel the water, later returning to it's original state after it dries. I did a bit more research on the sodium bentonite, one source stated that bentonite...
RM Williams would most likely still do a MTO pair, if you really want a set.
It's actually a common misconception that distilled water has a ph of 7. When it is freshly distilled and assuming there are absolutely no ions present (which there will be) it will have a pH of 7. However CO2 in the atmosphere dissolves into the water as soon as it is exposed to air, creating dilute carbonic acid, shifting the pH into the 5-6 range. Not that it's extremely relevant as it is still above the pH range of leather that you suggested, but i just thought i'd...
Yeah they're definately gimmicky details.The blue rivet is an easy fix for whatever its worth. I stratched the blue paint off mine in a few minutes with a small flat head screwdriver. Underneath its not copper like the other ones though, its brass. A much better, more understated contrast though.
Gap seems to be getting rid of the selvedge coin pocket detailing, as well as the blue painted rivet. The coin pocket still had the selvedge but it was hidden. I was at the store and they had a mix of both the newer ones without those details and the older ones. They both seem to have the same denim. I like the change, still content with my old ones though.
All clarks DB's are resoleable as far as I know, as they all have the same stitchdown contruction. The cobbler likely doesn't know their stuff. Try another cobbler.
Other people's creasing is relevant because this question has been asked time and time again, always with the same answer, that it is normal. The circumstances are quite similar in each case when it comes down to it. If you used the search function you would've seen that many people have different creasing in each of there boots and that is normal. It is quite simple, cow hides are a   natural product so there are inconsistencies in the hide. If a shoe/boot is made with...
Creasing like that is normal. If you don't want creasing get plastic shoes. Also use the search function, it is getting ridiculous how many are people asking whether the creases they have are normal.
Just a disclaimer. Those are not the 875's (even though they look very similiar). Neither are they full grain, it states that they are oiled nubuck.