or Connect

Posts by AAJJLLPP

Can a shoe with basically no support be good for your feet because it is somewhat similar to walking without any shoes? Sanuk (I know they're ugly but thats besides the point) has a big marketing spiel about how there shoes are actually better for your feet because the flat sole and floppy upper allow the muscles in your feet to act like they were designed to. Just curious if there is any truth to this, or if it is just marketing BS and if you are going to put your feet in...
If it uses their standard craftsman last (like it was stated above) I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to. The fact that it is not listed means that they never carry it in stock though. Email them about a MTO boot, they will make you pretty much anything within reason.
All the RMW's I have seen, crease like that, I think there might be something else to it. RMW's are constructed quite differently than most chelsea's (it is my understanding that they have that lengthwise ridge when new because of the artisan? way that they are made).  I can't understand how if the elastics are snug around your ankle you would be able to avoid those creases at the front, just below the ankle, as your ankle bend there and would have to bend the leather. If...

Sized down wayyy too much, it looks like they're gonna burst (and probably will with time). Size up one or maybe even two, and I really don't think you need to get the waist tailored in after sizing up, the waist really looks quite strained on both of them.
Check ebay, there are tons of the real vintage ones on there.
Just to be clear I stated that nubuck was made from cheap leather, not the distressed leathers. Cheap does not neccessaringly mean loose grain, they just use scarred parts of hide that are unsuitable for full-grain leather and sand off the top to remove these imperfections. It would be much more expensive and somewhat wasteful to make nubuck out of nice hides. Same goes for the cheap corrected grain shoes. As for the distressing, that one looks like it is done in tanning,...
They look cheaply made. Designs are ugly as well IMO.
Nubuck and distressed are completely different things. Nubuck is always cheap leather with the top grain sanded off. Distressed leather is just a special way of tanning the leather that lends a somewhat uneven and mottled appearance, but is still has the top grain intact. Those are not nubuck, they are distressed. Rmw does not sell any nubuck as far as I know. As for conditioning, I would just use their saddle dressing, but be aware that that will change the finish...
Any decent shoe repair place should be up to the job. I don't understand what you mean by durability in the rain though. You would get better traction, but its not like crepe rubber dissolves away in the rain, or breaks down.Also I think these clarks with ripple soles look sick:http://themidwestyle.com/2012/07/midwestyle-desert-boots-resoled.html