or Connect

Posts by AAJJLLPP

"Fine leathers" is not referring to the kind of leathers that red wing uses. It is referring to the leathers used in dress shoes and such, not the heavier oiled leathers red wing uses. Sno-seal is not appropriate for suede or fine leathers either, unless you are looking to "dub" a pair of suede boots.
Sharpie?
The thing is theres none of it in my left shoe, I wear the same socks on each foot, and I really doubt one foot sweats exponentially more than the other. Besides my feet don't sweat a whole lot. Also I doubt any of my socks have metal fibers in them.
They're only a year or so old, never been repaired. They were't black like that when they were new.
Anyone have an idea why the leather insole is so black in this shoe? My other one looks completely normal. It easily scratches off, you can see the scrape i made in the photo. It doesn't seem to be  anywhere but the insole. Could it be mould?     
Whats with the little flags on the laces?  IMO its kinda gauche.
My experiences have been that applying products while leather is damp/wet can set in water stains.
Got that backwards, Viberg is from BC, Whites is from Washington. Nice try Americans.
Coconut oil and beeswax have all of those properties without being harsh and potentially stripping the leather. The 'Russian leather' example you suggested uses a very specific aromatic oil (birch from poland and russia). Giving one example of an aromatic oil that is used successfully in leather as proof  that any aromatic oil will do makes no sense. Different aromatic oils have different properties, and recommending them as a group is illogical. You would need to look...
Curious to why you suggest aromatic oil, they can actually be very harsh. I just can't see a benefit other then making your feet smell nice.