or Connect

Posts by Oldguy

This is the Perfekt, from Germany.      The Ortler is not as heavy and breaks in nicely.  I use them to shovel snow.  We were 2nd in the nation in snowfall this past winter.   The waterproofing has been through and through.  I know some love Gore-tex, but I love how leather can wrap around the feet and still breathe.  The conditioner darkened the brown to "dunkelbraun", yet it still has the pronounced two tone look.    and finally....   the Ascona Identity for...
I had a rough experience with them, but it was not their custom, but stock.  I understand that there are two different companies now, with one making the custom boots and repairing them, only, while the other is strictly just importing Meindl from Germany with Limmer design. The customer service of the two different companies appear to be very different in terms of what expectations of customer service should be like. The custom shop owner is very helpful.    It seems that...
Having just commented on the Alico, let me put in some comments on  Meindl hiking boots.    These are the best hiking boots I have been able to find, anywhere.    These are not the Cabela ones, but directly from Germany.  My family also has fallen in love with Meindl quality, so I can reference a few models.    First, how we found them:  Through Limmer!   I had a negative experience with LImmer, but learned that, other than their custom boots, they have them made...
My son has these.  They are terrific boots.  They were a tad big for me, but are the old school, heavy, strong, comfortable hiking boot that, once broken in, becomes a life time purchase where it is better to re sole than re purchase.  This is not MICC.   The Hanwag, Zamberlan, Alico, and others are well made, expensive, but worth it, type of boots. 
Customer Service complaint must have been rectified...post is gone. 
Do the Stows in dark brown (very dark) go with black jeans?
I do think that the short rise look will go out of style....for men.     Then again, I've been thinking that manhood is set to make a comeback for quite some time now...
DrummingDude,   Maybe its the brand.     The reason I say this is because I am not hard on the jeans....I'm getting older, and all I have done in them is walk...   The Unbranded, besides being too short in the rise, isn't soft.     The 26 oz are moving towards the 'pajama feel' of comfort.  I did a couple of soaks, to get excess indigo out and to let them shrink before hemming (the tailor refused to hem them!), using only cold water and a bit of fabric softener....
thank to the posters who encouraged me to be patient with the Stows.    They're beautiful, but stiff, yet the patience is paying off as the comfort is starting to show itself.  Because I wear shirt and tie each day, (and rotate shoes), I don't have that many opportunities to wear them as I would have with a job that uses jeans, but...   all the same, they are looking nice. 
I am having so much fun "taming the Beast"; the 26 ounce denim I got from Gustin.     It is silly, stupid, non-sensible, and I don't even wear jeans to work (shirt and tie), but I have become so hooked on heavy denim!   I have the Unbranded 21 oz, which is nice, but the rise is too short for me.   (anyone need a 34? I would be in for a trade)   From Gustin, I have their 18 oz, which is remarkably soft; their "Heavy American", which is 16.25 oz Their Black/coal,...