or Connect

Posts by Shouldaville

I've seen a few names...burgundy, bordeaux, color 8. Probably all about the same, although some seem lighter at times. I saw Vass post one specifically calling it color 8, so that's what I asked for.
Color 8 shell cordovan Osloer. I mentioned getting one in every color...I'll try to stop at a light and dark one. Perfect finishing and construction from Vass.     [[SPOILER]]
I've seen a few Vass calf shoes and boots with similar stitching issues. Oddly, the aprons on the shell models usually seem to be much more precise. Maybe the more experienced staff handle the shell models. Or, it's the same guy and he does calf on Monday mornings.
Business casual today. Two summers with these, and I think they look better than when new. An all beige veg tanned leather model would be interesting to beat up.    
I like the overall style, but it does make sizing a little easier as well. With one foot slightly larger, it helps to loosen the laces all the way to the toe box.
NMWA has great makeups as well. Instant gratification and no risk of order screw ups. People would be crazy to send everything back. I have two of the models and with the $577 sale price right now, tempted for more.
^ The detour to Charleston is what screwed it up. I once shipped Priority Mail to Oregon and it went through Hawaii . Gotta love the postal service.
I don't believe these have been mentioned yet...now $635 shipped for new G&G in the great VR color. 9.5F. Someone please buy before I try the wide fitting myself.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/469481/7-13-drop-new-gaziano-girling-westminster-vintage-rioja-size-9-5f-uk-10e-us-dg70  
Thanks again everyone. Look forward to seeing what you come up with @BootSpell. I had originally requested all metal eyelets on these as well, but it was confirmed that was the next level MTO charge. I didn't want to change the last, so it seemed like a waste just to get rid of hooks. These are so dark, they add a little pop anyway.  
Thanks Roger, Budapest! I feel like I'll need a kudu Galway, with a mountain ram shaft and crocodile pull-tab to keep up with this crowd.