or Connect

Posts by Shouldaville

Could be either, but I think most have more of an orange tint. I even have a Mitchell where one shoe is significantly lighter and more orange than the other. Using darker brown cream on it has reduced the variation though.
Everything I have seen says to take the same size on 804 as Rain. Rain fits me really well, and I have never had to go down 1.5 sizes from US to UK. I'll have first hand input next week 
Wow...don't say this often, but I want another black cap toe. The @wurger influence is strong.
Other cigar today.  
I know it comes up a lot on here, but I had one that did and another that didn't (cough...sig), but even the one that did was perfectly comfortable to wear. I've had other brands with longer caps that feel like they are entirely reinforced with steel. That led to extra unnatural vamp crease on the sides and the feeling of my pinky toe slowly being amputated.
On the subject of soles, I do like the support of the Vass "HAF". My EG can feel a little spongy at times...probably telling me to drop a few pounds.
It is required that after 20 pages with a Dover or Galway pic, the dark oak discussion must ensue. 50 pages for $500 recraft bitching.
[[SPOILER]] Interesting...didn't realize your Dover was that old. Looks great. I'm sure batches vary over the years for all sorts of reasons. Nightshade also seems to be darker lately. I have an order in and really don't care which "shade" shows up...darker is probably better for my uses.
Exhibit A. Old / New DOAK. I love them equally, and like having both, but someone could be in for a surprise placing an order expecting the lighter version. [[SPOILER]]
After initially getting my sizing wrong, I had success with Inglese. Nice thing about sizing up, the chambray was in stock. We'll see how many days I make it before ordering the linen.